hello im a newbie

Problems? Post here...
PLeXroD
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

hello im a newbie

Post by PLeXroD »

hello everybody

i just signed up in here... and i like to say that youre site here is just great!
i have a notebook/laptop and don't have a normal pc, and i don't want one.
on this laptop/notebook i have win 98 SE with aa D-Link AirPLUS XtremE 2,4 GHz. 10/100 MBs transfer
i'd like too ask of any help that you can give me.
this is the first time that i'd ever joined a forum and you now what i am facinated. im facinated by computers and network so i decited to take action i wanted to learn more about it's constuction how the Ethernet is working. i wanted some more i wanted to learn some more about all kodes that are put together so that this page could work problerby right.
and here i am ready to learn how works.

thanks SUNRISE

p.s as you can see i am not a good writer.

PLeXroD

Post by PLeXroD »

it.s me again i forgot to say please... would you please learn me abit more so that i can se the truth behind the internet and the network? ??

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hey DJSUNRISE, welcome... :wink:
um, well, networking is a really wide field, so it would be good when you ask a little more specific questions... :wink:
are you familiar with the basics like the different protocol types (TCP, UDP, etc)...?

PLeXroD

Post by PLeXroD »

yes a little... tcp ip is youre computer adress that's what you access the network with.. and udp i'm not sure... i think it is what you access the internet with.... an adress like the TCP IP adress....

hehe i think so... you see im pretty much new in this area .... to be specific i won't new all the basics about the internet and networking cause i help my freinds here in denmark with there network problems and that is why i would like to learn much more about it...

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

Here's some definition's :)

TCP/IP = Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol

UDP = User Datagram Protocol

PPP = Point-to-Point Protocol

SLIP = Serial Line Internet Protocol

ICMP = Internet Control Message Protocol

HTTP = Hypertext Transfer Protocol

FTP = File Transfer Protocol

SMTP = Simple Mail Transfer Protocol

IGP = Interior Gateway Protocol

EGP = Exterior Gateway Protocol

BGP = Border Gateway Protocol

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, TCP/IP is a whole family of protocols, TCP is just one part of it.
you´ll find some good reading material in the textfiles-section about TCP/IP....don´t worry, you don´t have to know everything, but the basics are inviteable to understand how networking works.
the most "popular" protocols are TCP and UDP, the big difference between them is that TCP is a "connective" connection (um,sounds a little stupid, I translated it from german), which means the computer to which you want to connect has to "agree" first before the connection is established (3-way handshake). UDP is a "non-connective" one, which means you can simply send packets to a specified port without "asking" the target system first.
But there are many more protocols like SMTP, ICMP, and so on...
just read a bit, "Teach yourself TCP/IP in 14 days " is supposed to be the right reading material for you.... :wink:
Last edited by bad_brain on 26 Oct 2005, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

PLeXroD

Post by PLeXroD »

thanks..... and tell me now... what does these protocol types do? ... does they say anything? or what are there used for?

PLeXroD

Post by PLeXroD »

sorry for the last one... im that fast again...

but how do i get that document? or file that i have to read?

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

the brain is more learned in this area than i, but fro a basic understanding each protocol interacts with the same one on a machine, like you can only connect using FTP with another FTP etc...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

um,it was the wrong file name, I´ve edited my last post, so now it´s the right one....you´ll find it in the downloads in the textfiles-section... :wink:

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

PLeXroD

Post by PLeXroD »

thanks.... i think it is pretty much fasinating when you are hacking into an mainframe or a server in a bank or something....

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hehe...well,maybe... 8)
but I don´t recommend it....if you wanna try get a second box and experiment on your own LAN, keeps you away from trouble and it´s a good opportunity to learn... :wink:

PLeXroD

Post by PLeXroD »

i did dont know if wireless LAN has enything to do with it, but that is what i have... i think i will try to read and understand it here in the weekend on friday and saturday maybe...
it sunds a bit interesting.....

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Hi there:)

I don't want to piss you off... but please, even if english is not your first language( like me ) can you try to work a bit on your spelling? :P . Also, can you try to split your text into paragraph? It's just easier and better to read for us:)

Don't forget that you won't learn everything in 3days... How much times it took you to learn french? Well, it's like the same thing... You are getting into a other language which is COMPUTER! 8)

So feel free to read a LOT and a LOT of documentation from this download section and google a lot on what you don't know. Don't be shy to post any question, we are all here to help :)

Welcome to the other side of the machine.
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.