Keylogger Question

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
SadJoker
forum buddy
forum buddy

Keylogger Question

Post by SadJoker »

Alright, newbie-forum - good. I'm not going to tell you the situation because then it would be illegal, but let's say I got somebody to download a keylogger, how would I work it so it would transmit the txt files back to me?

Well, from there you can tell it's illegal but I'll mmake pretend my wife is cheating on me. :P
but im going to tell you how to get your wife/girlfriends password and as long as the pc your using is located in you and your significant others household this is not illegal

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

well to get a txt from a keylogger the keylogger that the person downloads must have the capabilities to send it to a specific e-mail or irc channel etc...im going to presume that you would have to configure the logger you send, before you send it.

SadJoker
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by SadJoker »

Alright, that's what I was thinking, but can you link me to a keylogger that has those capabilities?

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

just google it:

remote keyloggers

free remote keyloggers

stuff like that

or you can see if one in the d/l section does

SadJoker
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by SadJoker »

Hmm, they all seem to be for monitoring your computer. What I'm hoping for is a keylogger that you can configure on your system. Once you have all the settings, it produces an EXE that if downloaded, the keyloger will run silently and send logs to my e-mail address.

Possible/exists?

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

ic well...

if you cant find a keylogger that does specifically that, use a trojan to grab the txt file

SadJoker
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by SadJoker »

Hadn't thought of that ... cool! Would it be possible to bind the keylogger and trojan into one EXE? Mehehe ...

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

hmm im sure its possible, but if you use a trojan you can install the keylogger yourself anyways so i dont think it would make much of a difference, yea id say you could bind a trojan server onto a keylogger.exe

SadJoker
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by SadJoker »

Could you explain trojans and how they work? You rock man! :twisted:

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

Trojans like any other client/server based technology allow a program on a remote computer to "serve" its connection to a client that interacts with it, allowing almost total control over a computer without being present at the console, of course depending on functionality...

Trojans are commonly refered to as "virus's" and are technically malware because they allow unauthorized access, some virusand spyware scanners pick some up, some dont, its almost a shot in the dark most of the time.

as far as i know a trojan server (the file you send to a target) can be bound onto any program preferebly a .exe or .jpg but functionality of the original file may or may not be possible, say you bind your trojan server onto a keylogger.exe file well when the target opens the .exe its likely he wont open the keylogger but start the server on his machine. Thats why i said it may be easier for you to just install it via a trojan because you pretty much have control over a machine.

there are so many different variables of trojans available on the net, id say its a good idea to try different ones because you never know when a scan program will detect your server.

If i were me :roll: i would set up a 2 computer network and test different trojans wih a variant of different scanners (virus/spyware etc...) and see what works best before attempting on the www

and always remember tampering with computers that are outside your ownership or permissions is illegal 8)

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Also, keep in mind that a 5years old boy can point and click... So most of the trojan server are detectable.

They are also rootkit... but I don't know much about them... so I can't explain them very well but an adivise would be: Don't play with trojan... they don't give you anyting exept the "ScRiPt KiDDie" label IMO
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

SadJoker
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by SadJoker »

Haha, thanks for the help. I'll be learning more about this stuff. :)

seifer699
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by seifer699 »

Umm is there a program, where i can send the keylogger to victim without them knowing and keylog them? Like disguise the file with a different name, when he or she opens it nothing happens and they get infected. Or is that a trojan?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

it´s almost the same, many trojans have even a keylogging-option. actually a "trojan" is a file hidden in another one which is supposed to run hidden (from the user) processes, so it can be a virus, a keylogger or any other malware. so most people actually mean a remote administrative tool (RAT) when they say "trojan".
you can use a binder to camouflage the malware and send it to the target, but the chances that it´ll work are not good. you would have to know what kind of virus scanner is running on the target system so you can test at home if the file is recognized by it. a waste of time imo... :wink:
a better way is to code your own, because then you can make it a unique one which definition isn´t in the databases of the virus scanners, you find very useful informations here:
http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/W-P/system/ ... .php/c5761

or you can try to contact Telnet, the guy wrote in his introduction that he´s coding such apps...

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Even if you code your own, norton and other AV can detect malicious code...
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.