Favorite virus protectors/firewalls?

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Nah...none of the staff would ever use the accessable information about you for malicious activities, and a normal user can´t see more than your nickname... :wink:
Well, many (not all) routers have built-in firewalls, but how good they are depends on the configuration. For a beginner I would say a desktop firewall is easier to handle, and even to use use both at the same time shouldn´t lead to problems...just make sure NOT to use 2 desktop firewalls at the same time, it don´t provide more security than one and can be very hard to configure...

ziTo

Post by ziTo »

gotcha. thanks for the help mate.

i just installed zonealarm. im feeling pretty good about it. its like a new pair of shoes.

Xonet

Post by Xonet »

bad_brain wrote:Nah...none of the staff would ever use the accessable information about you for malicious activities, and a normal user can´t see more than your nickname... :wink:
Well, many (not all) routers have built-in firewalls, but how good they are depends on the configuration. For a beginner I would say a desktop firewall is easier to handle, and even to use use both at the same time shouldn´t lead to problems...just make sure NOT to use 2 desktop firewalls at the same time, it don´t provide more security than one and can be very hard to configure...
yeah routers are nice cuz of the security, but i've read an article that it isn't good to rely on just your router since both router and desktop firewall are way more secure
You cant spell slaughter without laughter.

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 07:35, edited 1 time in total.

Burn_Up

Post by Burn_Up »

I use avast and it got stuff that northen couldnt find

Burn Up

ilnux
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by ilnux »

I use outpost firewall with blockpost and peerguardian with nod32 on demand and kaspersky file scanner.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

i use spybot..... i trust my router so i don't have a firewall on the comp
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

alien100
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by alien100 »

I use Kaspersky antivirus and Zonealarm Pro firewall also XoftSpy Se,Ad aware se professional and trend micro antispyware and a few others intergrated in some software I have :twisted: 8)
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]

marshey
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by marshey »

I currently dont use no anti-virus programs as it slows down pc but my favourite ones in the past was Trend micro and Kaspersky.

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

I forgot to mention that Kerio Personal Firewall is awesome.
I highly recommend it. It's free for a while, but then it reminds you that it's just a trial and the options are sorta limited.
Still great, though.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

p99

Post by p99 »

I don't use av because I don't do any banking or anything on my machine and av isn't generally worth the system damage created. I actually do near nothing. The most you could pull up is my name, programs, and um "movies" 8)

The name thing is bad but with an ip you could find that info =(

I personally like Zone Alarm for windows and FireStarter for linux.

Zone alarm because I have a license with like 50k days left :!:
But in case you didn't know the windows firewall is pretty customizable from the command line. Well Windows itself is...

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

NOD 32 is unqestionablly the best AV out there. I am not sure how good it's firewall is but I guess it is imposible to disable that feature once installed.

987KTM987

Post by 987KTM987 »

poke ~ Norton sucks, freezez system and generally just sits there and look erm? pretty? i use bullguard its a bit of a beast, well it works brilliant for me, and the customer service is brilliant, my firewall engine wouldnt startup even after reboot so i contacted them on a 'live chat' thing much like msn and within 10 mins they had sent me a link to dl there new version of the product and gave my subscription free acces to it :P free stuff ftw?

hij-h-acker
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by hij-h-acker »

My Security:

AV : Kaspersky (Tired of using Norton)

Firewall : Sygate Personal Firewall ..its free..(Tired of using Zonealarm,Blackice & Outpost)

But i would recommend to use Quick Heal AV...its too good.