need a little help

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
zack21

need a little help

Post by zack21 »

i need some help. my school uses websense and java for blocking websites and you cant right click and all this junk. You cant open command prompt on them otherwise i wouldnt be posting this. But you can open the java sun console. Granted thats about the only thing useful you can open. Anyways i need to know how to disable the restrictions and get into the local intranet to shutdown their system

PLeXroD
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by PLeXroD »

hey a little problem you got there huh?

well maybe try to find out the admins or teachers password for the lokal intranet.
and when you got it you can login as an admin or teacher and then you can change the restrictions for your self and and then you can hack in to there server and shut it down... actualy i wanna to do that in a long time with my schools intranet allso... but i didn't wanna get caught by the teachers...
-Never try to be uncommon, instead of that only realize it's you that is common...-

-In grater common sence Linux is better than MS Windows-

-Never try to hack platform, instead of that, only make security and teach other to do that to-

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well,the Java-thing can be disabled by web-features of the browser, just disable Java there.

websense, well, try if your admin has blocked this URL, if not you can surf through it:

http://www.StupidCensorship.com/

if it not works, take a look here:
http://www.peacefire.org/circumventor/s ... tions.html

but don´t do damage to school networks, that sucks man... :wink:

PLeXroD

Post by PLeXroD »

nice!!!
-Never try to be uncommon, instead of that only realize it's you that is common...-

-In grater common sence Linux is better than MS Windows-

-Never try to hack platform, instead of that, only make security and teach other to do that to-

Merchant
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Merchant »

*raises eyebrow* well, it seems to me you just want to hack the admin server, it would be the simplest way, or if you can find the restrictions page (are you using Mac or Windows?) the you can crack the password and change them there. you dont really have to log on a an admin, its longer and more messy.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

umm....I wouldn´t call it "simple" to hack a (most likely Unix-type) server from a (most likely MS-type) machine on which I can´t even access command prompt.... :lol:

Merchant
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Merchant »

well i know very little about Unix or Linux or all that happy stuff

i could hack the admin acc in about 5 secs (not really ;)) on a mac, a little longer on Windows OS. hm, it also depends on the network, can you tell me a little more about it?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

uh-oh....networking in Unix/Linux is so extensive, there are tripple-phonebook-sized books about it.... :lol:

those OSs are much better for networking, this is because of their history,
TCP/IP was implemented first on Unix (I think it was 4.1). so these protocols are much better embedded in the systems. also there are protocols which are Unix-only like UUCP (Unix-to-Unix-copy, for file transfers).

and also the configuration abilities of the network are much more extensive than with MS (I don´t know Mac, but I don´t think it´s much better than MS).
for example you can allow/disallow all kinds of protocols, hosts (by IP and MAC-adress), packet sizes, flags and much more.

next thing are the monitoring abilities:
try to hack a Unix-box, when you not exactly know what you´re doing you´ll get caught. you not only need to know where the default logs are located, any at least half-way skilled admin runs an IDS on the machine, and these logs can even be located on another box in the network (or even outside of it).

if it´s a bigger network or one that needs a little extra protection it´ll surely be an DMZ-architecture so there would be a lot of other logs you need to manipulate to hide your "visit". a DMZ would also make it neccessary to compromise the router and the bastille hosts (if there are any, which you have to find out first).

if you´re really interested in networking Unix/Linux is a MUST!
and don´t worry, it´s a little strange first when you come from a MS OS, but after a short while it´s real fun and a very good opportunity to learn.
I always recommend RedHat Linux, it´s easy to handle and many servers on the net use it too so the paths are the same (they differ a bit in many Linux distros).

if you need some help with it just post.... :wink:

Merchant
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Merchant »

hmmm, i know some would kill me for it, but ive always been happy with a Microsoft operated machine. i know the have more limits than Linux and such, but for what i do, they serve the purpose. im not totaly into networking, i used to be, but if i was id have to use Linux.

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

bad_brain wrote:well,the Java-thing can be disabled by web-features of the browser, just disable Java there.

websense, well, try if your admin has blocked this URL, if not you can surf through it:

http://www.StupidCensorship.com/

if it not works, take a look here:
http://www.peacefire.org/circumventor/s ... tions.html

but don´t do damage to school networks, that sucks man... :wink:
Agreed. Hacking school networks is stupid. But, if there's anywhere you're restriced from going to online..
There's also
www.sneak2.com
www.fireprox.com
They're become too popularly used and were blocked as well, though.
(Exactly why good hackers don't give away exploits to script kiddies...
the wrong people end up knowing about them)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

exactly, Merchant.
for web development, any graphics- and media-stuff and other things I still use XP, I´m not making a philosophy of life out of Linux like many people do.
I simply use what´s most effective... :wink:

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

like that hair-do, right :lol:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I like my hair nice and fluffy.... :mrgreen:

Merchant
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Merchant »

rofl, lol bad_brain, thats pretty sweetness!

Ameradi
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by Ameradi »

I like my hair nice and fluffy....
rofl, lol bad_brain, thats pretty sweetness!
Sweetness Indeed , LOL !