netfilter

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

netfilter

Post by bad_brain »

alright, here's the circuit layout of a netfilter. actually it's designed for using it together with HiFi components, it filters disturbing frequencies before they reach the power supply and so provide a better sounds quality (not always, it depends on the quality of your power net).
but it is also good for using it together with any hardware you want to protect, because it's not only a filter, it also acts as a fuse.
"why an extra fuse, pretty any device has a fuse already" you might ask...well, a fuse needs a certain time until it reacts, and until it reacts the power peak reaches the inner circuits of the device and can cause damage. in the netfilter device a varistor acts as fuse, and a varistor is reacting WAY faster than an ordinary fuse....so it protects your devices much better!

thanks to floodhound... :)

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Nice work B_B! i was wondering if T1 is installed correctly though, it does not look right.

Nice job. You figured out things quickly :lol:
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

:o wow... nice circuit..
lol i too have a long list of circuits of desire..
:D

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

T1 is connected properly floodhound.....I know what you mean, usually you would connect 1+2 on the left side and 5+5 on the right, but no in this device. T1 don't act as transformer here, it acts as filter.....the disturbing frequencies it filters are DC ones (yes, you can have DC waves in an AC power net, they are injected by devices like light dimmers). and when you connect T1 in this way the DC waves are + in coil 1 and - in coil 2, and so they equalize/erase themselves in the core... :wink:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I am impressed, and thanks for clearing that up for me. I have never used a transformer as a filter and can now add it to my list.

Thanks B_B
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

np buddy... :) I'll post some more layouts soon....I'm not a real expert like you, I only know about HiFi-stuff and Tesla generators.. :oops: