Hacker's Manifesto

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Hacker's Manifesto

Post by Necrix »

I'm sure many of you have read or listened to it...but it must be posted here none-the-less.

By:
+++The Mentor+++
Written January 8, 1986

Another one got caught today, it's all over the papers. "Teenager Arrested in Computer Crime Scandal", "Hacker Arrested after Bank Tampering"...

Damn kids. They're all alike.

But did you, in your three-piece psychology and 1950's technobrain, ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker? Did you ever wonder what made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?

I am a hacker, enter my world...

Mine is a world that begins with school... I'm smarter than most of the other kids, this crap they teach us bores me...

Damn underachiever. They're all alike.

I'm in junior high or high school. I've listened to teachers explain for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction. I understand it. "No, Ms. Smith, I didn't show my work. I did it in my head..."

Damn kid. Probably copied it. They're all alike.

I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass.. Or doesn't like teaching and shouldn't be here...

Damn kid. All he does is play games. They're all alike.

And then it happened... a door opened to a world... rushing through the phone line like heroin through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is sent out, a refuge from the day-to-day incompetencies is sought... a board is found. "This is it... this is where I belong..." I know everyone here... even if I've never met them, never talked to them, may never hear from them again... I know you all...

Damn kid. Tying up the phone line again. They're all alike...

You bet your ass we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed baby food at school when we hungered for steak... the bits of meat that you did let slip through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by sadists, or ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us willing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.

This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.
Last edited by Necrix on 23 Sep 2005, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Xonet

Post by Xonet »

Beautiful

eggplan21
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by eggplan21 »

You know its pretty scarey but VERRY true!!

That was awesome...

Elmarion

Post by Elmarion »

^cries a solitary tear^ :P

GrandmasterMCB

hh

Post by GrandmasterMCB »

I luv reading this....it becomes so tru each and every time...props

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

omg...so....beautiful....think im going to cry =')
I LOVE YOU GUYS!! uähähähä!!!!

-TheArchitect-

Post by -TheArchitect- »

So true,so true...

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

good reading

just_testing

Post by just_testing »

Wow. That's awesome. I've never read anything like this before.

serialshagster

Post by serialshagster »

I love it everytime!

Merchant
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Merchant »

*clap clap* bravo

rinks

Post by rinks »

this is probably one of the truest things i have ever heard <tear> :)

NiKaI

Post by NiKaI »

what i did was read a lot of philosophy and smoke weed, and think about the beauty of maths. i didn't have my own computer though, and i envy my future kids who will grow up with all the means to develop their intellect fully. i hope you people understand that teaching your kids not to use google but scroogle(ex.), not to use windows but linux, not to use commercial and buggy shit... will have to be part of the education you give them. this also expresses my fear, to see the next generation become a mindless mass that can be easily tricked by Big Bro (let's not deny it...)
peace and keep up the good work.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

thanks man, we try our best.. :)
hm, to be honest I don´t envy the kids of today and the ones of the next generation. I´m 36 now and I feel a big change in the society compared to the time I was a teenager (gawd, gramps bad_brain is telling stories again :lol: ).
some call it "the age of information", but in my opinon it´s exactly the opposite, it´s never been so easy to manipulate people like today.
instead of controlling the media the media controls us. and for young people which are about to make up their own mind it must be really hard to find something "real" to believe in. the media is trying to turn us into uniform beeings for their economic gain, they try to tell us all day what we have to wear, eat, listen to, whatever.....AND they tell us that if we´re not doing it we´ll stand outside of society and are some kind of bad people, right? and the real bad thing about this is that many people believe it and act that way.
so it´s very important to keep young people away from these influences and show them how to use the technical possibilities of today instead of beeing used by them.

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

thank god for counter culture and sub culture....i fear my government more than anything else in this world, i would be less afraid if i had a gun pointed at my head than if my government was controlling me and the people i love. I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees. Honestly if hackers didnt exist, things would be well far worst than they are now, or even tomarrow. As technology advances, so does the average persons common intellect when dealing or manipulating that technologies use. Im 23 yrs old, truthfully, i believe that i was born with the concept of what a computer is and how to use it, the first time i laid eyes on one, i knew how to use it, what did what. look at today the younger generation knows this as well, younger generations than myself are even more intune with technology on a consumer level. Where this post is going im not sure so im going to end it with this: "How soon will it be, when its trivial to the human brain to distinguish human from machine (im not talking in mechanical or physical terms) all humans have a sense of identity, difference, and inferiority to their surroundings, what happens when the machine and the human become on the same level, we already know some people...just cant live without their computers