cpu usage 100%

Problems? Post here...
undisclosed

cpu usage 100%

Post by undisclosed »

hey , well whn i start my windows ...it runs pretty slow ..the cpu usage shows its workin 100% on sumthin tht does not show on the menu ..ive got a file name "WINFILE" in two disks which on deletin pop up again..n a program "WINME" running...as soon as i log on to the internet through my dial up the cpu starts wokrin normally ...ny sugestion? thanks

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Hey...:wink:
Winfile is the program name for File Manager in Windows 3.x and Windows 95, so if you use a newer Windows version it is most likely some sort of malware.
For Winme I´ve found different stuff, could be a driver for a USB device, or for a analogue modem (mitsubishi). If you don´t use or never have installed such devices it´s most likely malware too.
If you don´t have done it already do full system scans with your antivirus program, then with Spybot and Ad-Aware.
Afterwards (or if nothing is found) you can check the services and applications which startup together with the system by start>run>msconfig
Then check for registry entries with RegCleaner (available in the useful programs download section here) and delete all entries you don´t need any more.
Then go to the prefetch-folder (C:\Windows\prefetch) and delete everything in it (you should do this regularly).
After a restart you should optimize your system with
Bootvis.

Well, after that your system should startup much quicker and should be clean from malware..... :wink:
If not let me know.

L0rd_Aryan

Post by L0rd_Aryan »

cool info dude, looks like tht u made lot of research, nice :lol:
[img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/3447/lar6pn.jpg[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Well, I have to admit I just looked for the links...
I do the whole procedure regularly on my boxes, prevents them from slowing down.... :wink:

undisclosed

Post by undisclosed »

elo , very cool info indeed , im at a frds place...will read throughly whn i get bak , i do have a usb driver , ill so the stuff u told me too ...it wil be relly good if u could tell me the names of good anti-viruses , ad-aware n spybots which i can download for free. thanks agan man.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Just click on the names of Ad-Aware and Spybot in my post above to dl both programs, they´re completely free.
I´m using Panada Antivirus for a 2 weeks now, seems to be ok, you can get a evaluative version here: http://www.pandasoftware.com/download/
Good update policy and it don´t slows down the system as much as Norton Antivirus, Antivir or Kapersky.... :wink:

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

On a side note... :)
I would suggest a proggie caled MemTurbo. It activly displays PC usage when selected and it recovers a target amount of RAM regularly as you schedule it.(The target amount of RAm is also set by you.)

A neat program if you ask me ;) .
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews