Hello from the great NW

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
TheSmurf

Hello from the great NW

Post by TheSmurf »

Imagine my surprise when I found out that Linus Torvalds lives and works right here in my back yard in Beaverton Oregon!!! Check it out at http://www.osdl.org/about_osdl/Maintain ... ument_view

I am a hopeless hack that can't seem to get one programming language down, even though I know the basics and syntax of about 6 languages (libraries is where I experience my frustration, any help welcomed) ... and hey, why isn't PHP listed on the list of fave languages??? That's my language du jour!!! I finished all of the beginner challenges on Hackr.org in about a week, and ready to dive in more. I think I learned more in one week of doing challenges than I have with my last 10 Wrox books!!!!

Anyway, I am looking forward to absorbing (by osmosis probably) as much as I can from all of you gurus, and perhaps giving some of my own insight, if I find any lying around!!! :)

Cheers

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

welcome to suck-o... :)

oops,you´re right, we forgot PHP... :oops:
maybe because we have only one php-coder in our team, and it´s definitly NOT me... :lol: well,try our coding challenges, or if you want to you can even create a PHP-one... :)
have fun, I hope we can inspire you... :wink: