serious infection

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

serious infection

Post by Swan »

Basically had some problems with my computer, and upon turning it on, windows woudl start up, and I would see my background image, but, there was no programs, nor did the task bar or start menu appear, so i had a blank screen.

An error message would appeear:

vsmon.exe 0x52e20825 referred memory at 0xff256052

and I was given the option to either temrinate the program that brought me to the blank screen, or to debug the program, choosing to debug the program referred me to microsoft visual c++ there was a code there with tons of bizzare entries,

and the message

unhandled exception in vsmon.ex (IMSECURE.DLL) 0xc00000005 Access violation, I figure its a bad virus, and that I should maybe just reinstall my hard drive, thingis Ihave a lot of important data, that I want to keep and if there is any way to fix this without reformatting my HD i would be most grateful.

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

Its ok, false alarm.

Everything is sorted.

:D

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

phew....I already thought you discovered the rootkit that is automatically installed when visiting suck-o.com.... :lol:

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

bad_brain wrote:phew....I already thought you discovered the rootkit that is automatically installed when visiting suck-o.com.... :lol:
Now that you mention it... Everytime you do type in the url www.suck-o.com it does redircts you to another directory.... Hmmmm.... :-k 8O

jk. :wink: