Is there a way to play my ps2 games on my psp.

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

help wanted :?:

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

A ps2 cd is about a heavy 4gig memory. The highest value psp memory stick is a little less then 4gigs. So you cant directly run it off the psp.

I dont think this is possible.

But... i think i read something about running the psp as a controller for your ps2. just dont remember what article... :?
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j205/ebrizzlez/4lsint1.jpg[/img]

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Post by bubzuru »

The highest value psp memory stick is a little less then 4gigs. So you cant directly run it off the psp.
you can get over a 4gig card

use the psp as a controller for your ps2
i think thats a ps3 not 100% sure tho

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

Well.... the psp's highest avialable memory stick duo is 4gig. You can buy another memory stick and pray to God that it works on the psp.

And the ps3 file sharing thing allows you to play videos , movies, songs and stuff like that from your ps3 onto your psp, or via verse.

The psp can be changed to a unverisal remote. you can plug the usb outlet to the ps2 and some hack tricks it as a controller. but it really sucks because of the analog stick... :?

visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by visser »

first off. do you have a custom firmware on your psp?? if no then what firmware version number is it? if higher than 3.1 give up. thats just the basics. so far i dont think they have made a hombrew app that will run ps2 games. they do have a homebrew app that allows you to run ps1 games. but first what firmware version (go into the system setting it should be somewhere around ther) do you have on your psp?

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

You need an emulator hack to run ps1 iso files. ^^

And these still cost a heavy 100mb per cd. And if your a Final Fantasy freak like me and my friends, that might cost you 400mb of memory. Which is a bit bad.

You should try to stick to N64 iso stuff, those are a smaller 64mb the most, files, and run a bit faster then the other stuff. ps1 roms run extremely slow, both on PC and psp.

check out

Code: Select all

www.psp-hacks.com
for other stuff. :wink:

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

thx guys :D

visser

Post by visser »

one thing is missing though. you need to have a custom firmware or have firmware 1.5 to use the emulators. there is an emulator for gameboy, gameboy color, nintendo, super nintendo, i know theres more, however the n64 emulator can run some games better than others. but like i said you need that custom firmware to do any sort of moding or hacking.

they do have cards that run at 2 gigs without any problems. and the 8 gig cards work they are just slow.

ebrizzlez
Kage
Kage

Post by ebrizzlez »

Well... it all depends on what exactly emulator you decide to use to vary the speed. Different n64 emulators are faster and better then others obviosuly. And the more stuff you download, the longer it needs to load up. So a 8gig card will tempt you to be a download-a-holic and of course that would make it slower to load up into memory. And YES you do need an either 1.5 firmware, or some custom firmware such as the DARK ALEX firmwares and a few others.. :wink: