Is this illegal to talk about?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Is this illegal to talk about?

Post by Stavros »

Since I can't seem to find any thread on the Forum Rules, I thought I'd just post my question. Is Piracy illegal to talk about?

[Edit] Nevermind. Found the rules. From what I can make of it almost everything is okay to talk about except for warez (pirated things) and serialz (the serials that activate the warez).

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

right...explicitly asking for serialz/warez/crackz is not allowed on the boards, just because of the fact that I want to stay away from trouble.
but what´s going on on PM is a different thing... :wink:

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

So the PMs aren't moderated?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

of course not... 8O
privacy is a big issue here, I would never give away user data like email-adresses either. personally I don´t have a problem with people looking for serials,etc....but if I would allow that such stuff is posted on the boards the manufacturers of the programs could sue the crap out of me because I am responsible for the content of this site (forget about these "disclaimers" many sites use, they don´t protect the site owner at all, in opposite, in a lawsuit they will use this disclaimer against the owner by saying that he knew that the content of his site was illegal and therefore he displayed the disclaimer)

but what goes on via PM is completely private..
:wink:

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

I just had to ask. To tell yout he truth, I know that the "Disclaimers" are bullshit.

[Edit] So can any of the "Affiliates" get sued? Is this even safe to talk about? I mean what if one of the smartass lawyers gets a bright idea because I started a thread about this....I'm going to stop talking.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, the site owner (me, hehe..) and the server is located in germany, and in germany it´s not like in the US where everbody can sue everyone for anything... :lol:
freedom of speech man, you can talk about what you want to... :wink:

and you can only be sued when you link to something illegal and so promote these illegal services (like warez downloads), neither suck-o nor any of the affiliate sites are illegal, no money to make for a lawyer here.... 8)

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Seems like over there it's more of a liberal interpretation of "Freedom of Speech" and I like that.

xtheblack9x
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by xtheblack9x »

bad_brain wrote:well, the site owner (me, hehe..) and the server is located in germany, and in germany it´s not like in the US where everbody can sue everyone for anything... :lol:
freedom of speech man, you can talk about what you want to... :wink:

and you can only be sued when you link to something illegal and so promote these illegal services (like warez downloads), neither suck-o nor any of the affiliate sites are illegal, no money to make for a lawyer here.... 8)
thats awesome because that fucking pisses me off when people sue for gay stuff like that lady who sued mc donalleds for spilling hot coffie on her self. Its like WHEN YOU BUY COFFIE ITS GOING TO BE HOT!!!!. Did you want it cold, NO if it was could im sure she would have complained. sometimes this country pisses me off. but i still like it for the most part.

w1tchdoctor
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by w1tchdoctor »

true, true my homeskillett.....Freedom of speech is really docked in the US....thank u Patriot act..........and George W. Bush....
Alles hat ein Ende; ausgenommen Wurst hat zwei...

xtheblack9x
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by xtheblack9x »

one thing good about bush though. when a crazy ass group comes along and kills a bunch of are people he doesn't sit on his ass he goes looking for them :) I have to respect that. Gant it he isn't perfect.

w1tchdoctor
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by w1tchdoctor »

and thats putting it nicely.........at least John "War Hero" Carey isnt in office....God knows what he would have done....

xtheblack9x
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by xtheblack9x »

grubbs wrote:and thats putting it nicely.........at least John "War Hero" Carey isnt in office....God knows what he would have done....
Well one things for sure he wouldn't have told the truth about anything he would have done ha ha ha

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

poor americans...I´m really glad I live in good, old germany where everything is fine and politicans only speak the truth... :lol:
check this out: when the war on Iraq started the german government said "no, will will not take part in this war" and they got big credits for this by the german people...but now has been discovered that agents of the german secret service (BND) worked together with the CIA and marked targets for the bombers. well, should be something that needs to be investigated, right? but no, ALL parties don´t see a reason for investigations...they lie with every word they say, and when they get caught they act like it´s not our business.

oh germany, land of the....add insult here..... :lol:

xtheblack9x
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by xtheblack9x »

bad_brain wrote:poor americans...I´m really glad I live in good, old germany where everything is fine and politicans only speak the truth... :lol:
check this out: when the war on Iraq started the german government said "no, will will not take part in this war" and they got big credits for this by the german people...but now has been discovered that agents of the german secret service (BND) worked together with the CIA and marked targets for the bombers. well, should be something that needs to be investigated, right? but no, ALL parties don´t see a reason for investigations...they lie with every word they say, and when they get caught they act like it´s not our business.

oh germany, land of the....add insult here..... :lol:
ya i think its just man kind thats messed up :( when ever people are involved its not going to be perfect. And then you add money and power to the mix and everything gets 100 times worse.

w1tchdoctor
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by w1tchdoctor »

absolute power corrupts absolutly...no matter where u r in the world, it is easy for people 2 loose sight of their belifs and morals and become untruthful......i hate when people say Americans are fat, money hoarding liars....some r, but most arnt....same with Germans.....oh hes German he must love Hitler....Bullshit...just about all Germans are mad about what he did....was he a great leader and pull Germany out of a Depression? Yes of course, but a whole culture should not be judged by the actions of few......

sorry im in a ranting mood.......... i invite anyone with counter pionts to speak up......but be as smart/politically correct as possible.......please nothing distasteful......
Alles hat ein Ende; ausgenommen Wurst hat zwei...