BIG BIG decision? advise??

...let us know what you think, free speech!
alien100
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

BIG BIG decision? advise??

Post by alien100 »

The airforce asked me to become an aeronotical engeneer witch means that i gotta stop school at 16 and join the airforce and do 4 years of physics and 4 years of space engeneering,defence forces,sattelite crap etc etc.. altogether 8 years
but i want to do software development
yet the benefits of aeronotical engineering and pay is much better
beneffits:
i.government defence forces
ii.design of military aircraft
iii.create new, innovative methods of transportation
to meet future demands.
iv.space exploration centres and space aircraft design
v.designing and developing
un-manned aircraft which
are currently being used to fly
high altitude reconnaissance
missions over many of the
world's trouble spots

im not sure what to do .. software or aeronotical engeneering ?
any advise or suggestions :?

decision
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

do software development its much better. :D
1 vote for software development .

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I did time in the military and I am against you going in that arena. Just from my experience and being in a war situation was shit. I was highly trained for 2 years to be a nuke welder and got out as soon as I could. You are basically a tool and disposable at any moment.

2 for programmer
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

this aint a fuckcen joke, i hope you understand. You have to talk to people who acctually specialize in this area. Go talk to you guidence consulars or smth.(thye probably dont know shit though)

being a software developer(coder as i see it) is totally different from being an engineer.

I am not in the army, i am just an electrical eng. in a normal college, but i can already see how they make a weapon out of you... basically as an engineer you are ready to tackle any problem, it doesnt have to be in your area of study, they make you ready for everything. I dont know if there are any engineers who actually work now out here, but if you wana talk about it catch me on irc.

You have to find out it is gona be worth it joining the military. Cuz joining the airforce i suppose is not the same as a normal college. I am not even gona say anything more cuz this is a major decision and i dont have the necessary knowledge to give you an advice.

I really advice you to talk to people who know what they are talking about.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

sternbildchen

Post by sternbildchen »

I don't like the army too, because of the strict hierarchy. But if I would get that offer I think I would instantly take it.

But I think this is just me. The space was always fascinating for me. And after school I want to study engeneering.

isapiens is right. Talk with someone who know about carear planing.

rambo

Post by rambo »

Do you love software devolpment?..

Do what you love not what pays better becuase in the future you'll be doing a shitty job which pays good or you become a software developer and you do something you love!
3 for software development

bubzuru
.net coder
.net coder

Post by bubzuru »

rambo wrote:Do you love software devolpment?..

Do what you love not what pays better becuase in the future you'll be doing a shitty job which pays good or you become a software developer and you do something you love!
3 for software development
i agree do wot you love
not wot pay's best

and id chose programing

Losing_grip

Post by Losing_grip »

If you choose software development then you'll never work and never will , cuz what you're doing is not like a job for you but a hobby cause you love doing it and dont consider it as a 'work'.

But if ya ask me , ill go for the airforce cuz meeting new people and learning new stuff is fun and will interest you sooner or later.

But still , it's up to you... Good luck mate :wink:

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Go for what you're more interested and be the best at what you do, that's all which counts, both have its own advantages and disadvantages.

If given a chance i would definitely go into defence, but since i'll be a graduate, so i'll do coding there too... so nature of work is same for me anyway