probs with windows machine

Problems? Post here...
alien100
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

probs with windows machine

Post by alien100 »

i don't have hard access to this comp, and i need to fix it , i just got remote access

here are the problems:
full of viruses and yeah i scanned with kaspersky and spybot and adaware
not all can be detected
user account is in administrator with limited privileges
there is no sound (yellow question mark in device manager but now gone and card isnt detected )
formatting is not an option

and i cant tell the user to go to safe mode because its a newbie

common guys any ideas i need to fix this ASAP
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

For the viruses that Kaspersky can't remove, i advice you to analyse all the processes running for anything suspicious, and then check the newest added files in c:/windows and c:/windows/system32

Make a list of all the files and if they are running or not, also check for injected DLL files.

Use batch to kill the tasks that the DLL's are using and delete the DLL's and other files.

If a DLL file is using a task like winlogon, then make a priority list. Start with the ones that uses the least important processes. It would be wise to not be connected to the net while doing it, but since you are on remote i guess that idea dies pretty fast...

Anyway, removing unwanted shit is your first priority..... you could try to add another account though with full privileges.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

please post some info on the computer

Oppconsulting

Post by Oppconsulting »

as far as my experiance this big of a problem number one I uslaly just take the drive and slave it into another machine and remove the viruses that way they dont remove easaly or at all while windows is running some are hidden ohters are programmed self regenerating

and next sorry to say I am probably and possibly wrong because I have never tried it because all my customers bring the pcs in I do not do remote junk its not reliable but virus removal is not evan possible or reliable by remote as far as I know at least I sure would not trust it if it was not in my shop to see test etc
“As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.”
― John Lennon
“One thing you can't hide - is when you're crippled inside.”
― John Lennon