Damn Small Linux, pen drive install

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Damn Small Linux, pen drive install

Post by visser »

ok. so here i am on a bad string of linux. i downloaded Damn small linux. and put it on my pen drive. (2gig) it loads from it perfectly!!!! from what i was erading it is supposed to bve jsut like debian. but i cant get it to pick up my netgear wirless usb adapter. so i brouht it to school and loaded it up on their computers. tried to get online but it still wont get online. i understand my laptop but the schools computer make no sense. Its not like they are brand new. but what do i need to do to get stuff going. i want to get online. download kismet, aircrack, airsnort, and aireplay (i know backtrack is prolly a better bet, but i cant get it to install on my laptop, and i HAVE to install it to get it to work, so unless i could install backtrack to my flash drive and get it to work i need something like DSL)

any help would be apreciated!!!!

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

In the DSL Control Panel, you can find something called Netcardconfig. It provides basic functionalities to setup your network using DHCP or static IP addresses. You can also select the DHCP client in order to renew your IP address in collaboration with a DHCP server.

visser

Post by visser »

word. i gave that a shot and it didn't work. ive got to thinking. every time we log on at school there is this vnc server thing or sumething. i tried it and it picked up the ip and such. but it wouldn't work for some reason. how can i get my netgear wireless usb adapter to work though??? i was going to hop on my desktop and give that a shot. look for some drivers for the laptop. any suggestions of where to go or start??

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

check neo's post under this one, might be the same circumstances :wink:

visser

Post by visser »

well shoot. im not even picking up the usb wirless adapter. lol this happens every time i try linux. always problems

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

SORRY not got time to search for this but if i remember correctly do a search on ndiswrapper . i would do a search but its my hols tommorrow and i have not even started packing =P.

Good luck

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

ewww.....USB modems on Linux are generally a pain in the rear... :?
the first place to look is the modem manufacturer's homepage for drivers, the next chance would be ndiswrapper like thuggy mentioned...

:wink:

visser

Post by visser »

well hey thanks guys ill def give it a shot. thanks for all the help. and good luck thuggy with your hols!