Not a noob... but very newbie ?

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
Merchant
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Not a noob... but very newbie ?

Post by Merchant »

ok, i am an idiot when it comes to networking. everytime i try to dnld msn, a block comes up saying i have to be an admin. so w/o loging in as an admin- how can i dnld msn?
[color=red]Kill me bloody before you die.[/color]

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

You can't.

Boot up in safe mode, click the admin account, and hope they didn't password it. (90% of people don't password the admin account)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Merchant
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Merchant »

they disabled safe mode, i dont know why but when i type msconfig in the run its blocked, is there any other way???

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Here's a few ways thanks to shubham_kewl at www.igniteds.net:

Ways To Get To The Command Prompt

Preface

Usually on a shared computer (library, school, etc.) the DOS command prompt is blocked. Here are a couple of ways to get around it.

Start>Run

One easy way is to click on Start>Run and then type "cmd" without the quotes but most of the time the Start>Run is blocked.

Start>Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt

Sometimes, if the system admin is really stupid, they wont have taken it out of the start menu. So just click on Start>programs>Accessories>Command Prompt.

The Internet Explorer Way

Another way is to open up IE (Internet Explorer) and type "C:/windowssystem32cmd.exe"in the address bar without the quotes. This will run CMD for ya!

Using .BAT Files

You can do this by, opening IE > view > source. Once you have notepad open, where gonna make a .BAT file we want the BAT file to open up command prompt, so we type: "CMD" without the quotes press ENTER then save it as file.BAT.

Now you should be able to open Command Prompt by clicking on the file. If it fails to open, it is most likely that the CMD.exe is disabled and you dont have the privilages to run it.

This tutorial is meant for Windows XP but should work with any other Windows system.

And two more ways thanks to danbradster at www.igniteds.net:

Rename cmd.exe to cmd.scr and file>install to run it. (works on some computers but not the ones at my school)

Code a shellexecute as a Mic*ft Word macro to run in. (works on some computers but not the ones at my school)

Rename it to explorer.exe since some computers leave explorer.exe unblocked for some reason.

Merchant
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Merchant »

i dont want the command prompt, *slap* j/k. no, to enter in safemode you type the command "msconfig" into Start>Run and click the options, but they have that menu blocked. w/o being able to enter in safe mode i cant get the admin acc.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Aw damnit. I got caught thinking you needed the command prompt for something and I didn't pay attention. Damnit. Sorry.

Merchant
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Merchant »

lol, its all good

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Ok there is a few things you can do...

1. You said you can't boot in safe mode because you can run msconfig...? Have you tried pressing F8 when the comp start?

2. You can boot with a bootable linux distro from a live CD like Knoppix and get these file: Sam & System from c:\windows\system32\config and then execute a LCP5 on it

Try these and if it don't work, post again :P
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.