Bypassing Web Restrictions [a Tutorial]

DON'T post new tutorials here! Please use the "Pending Submissions" board so the staff can review them first.
Arnack221

Bypassing Web Restrictions [a Tutorial]

Post by Arnack221 »

There are many ways to bypass web restrictions. In this tutorial, I will outline three ways that many web filters and administrators often overlook, especially at schools, where none of them even know what the hell they are doing.

1. Proxies

There are two kinds of proxies. A web proxy, and a manual proxy.
The easiest way to set a manual proxy is to download Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Network Tab > Connection Settings

There are three options here, but if you're a noob, you only want to be dealing with options one and three. Direct connection to the internet, and manual proxy configuration.

Direct connection to the internet is the default which just connects you through your modem / router.
Manual proxy configuration will send you through another server's connection. It is complicated to explain, so I will just say that it is like having a middle man in a deal in real life.

To set a manual proxy configuration, check off the radio button, and then look on Google for a proxy list. Public Proxy Servers is one of the many server lists out there. You want to find a server that is completely transparent, or anonymous. Once you find one, go back to the connection settings and with that radio button checked, click "Use this proxy server for all protocols" and then enter the IP of the server on the left field and the port on the right. Click Ok to exit out of the connection settings and browse around. Depending on how close the server is to you, you will notice a drastic change in your browsing speed, because you are connecting to a server much farther away than the one you are connected to when you are directly connected to the internet.
How does this bypass web restrictions exactly? Simple. The web filter is set up on the server you use when you are directly connected to the internet, and not on the proxy server. So when you connect through the proxy server, your browsing will not be filtered.

That concludes manual proxy configuration.

2. Web Proxies

A web proxy is similar to a manual proxy, with the difference that you don't have to configure anything. You simply visit a web proxy, type in the URL of the website you want to go to (that is blocked by your web filter) and the proxy will bypass the web filter and show you the page. The disadvantage with a web filter that makes manual proxies so much better is that some elements of a page won't display correctly, such as Flash movies. The elements that don't display depend on the proxy.
Here is a short list of web proxies. If you have any you want to add, PM me.

Web Proxies
--------------

(google to find them, they are usually constantly down/up)

3. IP Address

This is the shortest and easiest way to bypass a web filter, and will only work if your administrator is a complete shit-wit.
All you need to do is open Command Prompt, ping a website, and enter it's IP address into your URL bar in your internet browser.
To get to command prompt, go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt...
Chances are this will be blocked by the chimp in your network department, so simply type " CMD " in Notepad, and save as " CMD.bat "
Open this file to access Command Prompt. If that is still disabled, read my next tutorial on gaining access to things with the registry.
Once you are in Command Prompt, type " ping www.website.com " replacing " www.website.com " with the URL of the website you are pinging.
DO NOT put any extensions in the URL. For example: " www.website.com/blah.html "
This will NOT work!

You will see something along the lines of this...
C:\Documents and Settings\Username>ping www.google.com

Pinging www.l.google.com [64.233.169.147] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 64.233.169.147: bytes=32 time=34ms TTL=241

Ping statistics for 64.233.169.147:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 33ms, Maximum = 42ms, Average = 35ms

C:\Documents and Settings\Username>
The first line is all that matters. That number in my example, "64.233.169.147" is the IP address of the website. If you want to know more about the ping command or IP addresses, Google it, because that's not what this tutorial is for.
Now simply enter that into the address bar in your internet browser and you will be able to go to the website.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial...
-PP, Hackers Asylum

mo2332
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by mo2332 »

thank you for sharing this now i can block this for my website applaction.

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

also u can tunnel can tunnel all conections straigt or through a nother proxy,or use aplications that dont follow group policy
eg maxthon
proxy>no proxy
use ie settings
use advanced proxy rule

u get wat im saying there are many things i could list but they usually dont work or the admin has fixed it so u cant