omg I'm dead

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

omg I'm dead

Post by shamir »

I need help I did a system restore because I thought it would bring back my old files that removed it restarted everything in my computer, I accidentally restarted my c drive and I lost everything now its like I just buyed a new laptop my internet is low, I lost firefox I lost my other programs how do I return back to the part when I had firefox, because now its like I just got a new computer, because I accidentally restored my c drive. now everything is new, how do I bring back my c drive to the organel when I had firefox and other programs. as well help wanted. :oops:
Last edited by shamir on 08 Dec 2007, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, if you haven't disabled the system restore points take a look here:

Code: Select all

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/systemrestore.mspx
if this is not possible you can't restore the system, you only can save the files if they haven't been overwritten yet....use Get Data Back for NTFS from our downloads for this. notice that you need a 2nd HDD for that because you cannot save restored data to the drive that has been restored....
also bring some time because this can take some hours on large HDDs and make sure to enable the scan for "lost files" option... :wink:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Why didn't you use a file restorer like we discussed? =/
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

cats wrote:Why didn't you use a file restorer like we discussed? =/
I tried goggling for it many times did not help.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

"File recover"

Google Link
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

yea, i periodically backup stored data onto DVD's just for this reason...

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Yeah, same deal here - except that was only while I used Windows and it happened during the 3 month cycle I had. Every three months, I did a complete wipe and install on my disk, and naturally, all information that was important, was backed up. Now, I just store all my data on my local hard disk, as well as any important documents on my external HD which then gets put on DVD's every 3 months - quicker if it's more important to me.

Oppconsulting
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Oppconsulting »

use winternals 2005 it has restore on it if its formated then you need one of my tools that recovers from formating I have never had to try them out I have 3 or more programs that will do a complete restore of a formated hard disk and bring data back if you want them just ask and i will work on linking it to you or a website etc I will just have to look a little