Learning

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
Merchant
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Learning

Post by Merchant »

hey, i want to take an online course (preferably college) in cmputer science. i am looking for an effective way to learn more. does anyone have any advice or things they have done. im trying to learn as much as i can, how did yuo all do it?
[color=red]Kill me bloody before you die.[/color]

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

You can do boot camp but they cost a MAX$$$
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, I just can tell you in what order the topics were in my studies:

month 1-3:
-Internet for users
-HTML with Netscape Composer and Frontpage

month 4-6:
-Internet publishing
-A company portrait on the internet
-servers and networks
-introduction to the Java Development Kit
-multimedia laws
-internet security (viruses,etc...)

month 7-9:
-Javascript
-Webdesign
-introduction to OOP
-introduction to Java

month 10-12:
-Java packages
-XML
-Linux- and Windows-servers

month 13-15:
-Linux
-TCP/IP
-establishing a Linux-server

month 16-18:
-Perl
-security concepts for servers/networks

maybe this will help you a little, of course it´s possible to teach all this to yourself, but it takes a lot of discipline then...
but well, it depends on your interests and in which topic you want to specialize... :wink:

Merchant
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Merchant »

Where did you learn all of it?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I had taken a 18 month course, cost 140 euro/month plus a fee for the exams.... :wink:

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

little of topik :
While goOogling on requirements to be an MDSE, i caught this page :Mouahaha :)

~~
I am always someone else's n00b.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

8O
if their certificates are as good as their server config I don´t want one.. :lol:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Education

Post by DNR »

Some hackers will never progress beyond their bedroom/puter lab unless they take hacking seriously. I have attended hacker-cons, and applied myself in college as a computer science major. I have certificates from Novell and I am associate level or a bit higer in college. Either your hacking is going to be a hobby - a personality side effect, or you make it a job.

Ethics is very important, it can determine the path you will lead. I got kicked out of school for being too aggressive. I was well -liked, the campus president used to mtn bike with me and attended my wedding. I had a 3.7 gpa. Apparently keyloggers was too much for the legal department, nevermind that it had been uninstalled..

I am happy to continue studying hacking/phreaking on my own, its just who I am.

Feed your Brain.

DNR

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeah, at the beginning it might get you a kick to do malicious stuff, but like I always say to the beginners here: "don´t waste too much time with it, you´ll not learn much out of it". I´m glad and proud that I´ve done my studies successfully and have the opportunity to do this computer-stuff as a job now. of course the times of getting kicks by malicious activities are over for me now, but hey, it´s a MUCH better kick to make some money and have a nice feeling when you go to sleep because you know you´ve done your work AND have learned something by doing it. hacking is not cracking servers/mail accounts, or spreading malware, it´s about staying curious and having the will to improve (even when learning is pretty annoying some times and not everything works like it should).

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

hacking; a good or bad personality trait

Post by DNR »

Sometimes I think I am cursed. Is this a form of ADD or mental illness?
Obsessive-compulsion to explore computer systems is not all good. Hacking also infects other parts of your life, or did the other fuxored shit in your life make you hack?!..I use a self-serve POS and instantly I am multitasking images/plans/feelings through it. I have the _Big Picture_ with all the -elements- mapped out.I want to go inside and ride the twisted pair wires to where ever it may lead.

Im supposed to be a real people person, in my job/working life. But on my off-time I am so antisocial.I want to be a byte hidden amoung bits. I hide in my oldsmobile, in the shadows of humongus SUVs. Am I a throw-back from the eighties, a has-been? Or am I some free spirit that likes to hang with my friends on the net? Lets all pass a Blunt and nod in agreement.

Education and intelligence are a requirement to hack.Hacking is something real to me. It is an exploration of society, technology, and personal reasons. How much you study technology defines your level in this realm. I thought ethics would define me, but even I was "_lured by the darkside Luke_". I don't think there is a true White Hat. At least not a street-wise one.

Who are you?

DNR

Merchant
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Merchant »

Who am i? am the the one out for revenge. not to all people but... well its a long story so here i go-

my ex was the first to get me interested in computers. but at the time it wasnt hacking, just computers in general (you know gameing and such) but he was the the genious of all geniouses. he was mixed up in everything, and i was worried about him. he said it was because he ddnt care if he got in trouble, he pushed all the limits, but after being with me for a while he slowed down, probably because he thought me more important than the rush.

Now that he broke up with me, my interest peaked- to the ultimate. i want to know everything about hacking that i can- so someday i can beat him at his own game. i want my sweet vengence.

by no means do i plan to become a black hat- no i just want to prove to him that i can beat him. the ultimite test.

I am the Merchant

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

Motivation is good.
Do a GoOgle with keywords "searching lores".
You might find a site that will give you stuff to read about and to wonder about for the next couple of years.

~~
I am always someone else's n00b