Totally Anonymous?

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
jasonxxx102
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Totally Anonymous?

Post by jasonxxx102 »

Is there anyway to change your IP address? I know you can mask it and ghost it but changing it?

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

There is no way you can change your external IP address as it's assigned by your ISP. However, depending on your ISP it might be dynamically set - meaning, next time you authenticate with your ISP, your IP may be changed - BUT it will still stay in the same IP range and futhermore, you are still likely to be identified by your fingerprint you leave when you browse the net (if you are asking this question due to being banned from some place, which is an assumption I am making).

Some things you can do.
1) Compromise a system, connect to that system and use this system to 'hop' to your target. This is illegal, and not recommended.
2) You could use a proxy, but again you are still identifiable by your fingerprint. Just like you leave DNA when you physically walk around a location, when you browse the internet you leave 'digital DNA' around the internet which is unique to you and you alone and thus can identify you.

Short Answer:
If your IP is dynamically assigned by your ISP, it will change within a range, automatically. If your address is Static, you're screwed. :

jasonxxx102

Post by jasonxxx102 »

Now if your ip is masked they will ban the masked ip not your real one right. Or am i wrong

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

the real question is how to get a IP thats not yours

Post by DNR »

Change your thinking a bit son.

Take everything that biggie said as truth. You can't really hide _your_ IP. Even when you use proxies, those servers still have logs and flaws. Every machine you connect to is leakage, a spy, a threat. Proxies may have their own motives for providing anonymity.. 8-[

So you dont use _your_ IP.

One example of not using your IP is not using your computer. Search for local college campuses, libraries, internet cafes. Use computers that are not _yours_, hence, not your IP. Walk into a college campus like you live there, find the computer labs. Internet cafes, pay cash. Look for cameras. I had all my toolz on a zip disk, so I was very portable, too dangerous around any computer...

If you insist on using your own box, you either have a lappie or desktop. A Desktop you can still make a antenna for a wifi connex to a nearby neighbor or free wifi hotspot if you live in a busy city or suburb.
But at best, you'll have a laptop, to roam at will to search out unsecured wifi spots. Drive, take a bus, explore.
Never use the same spot.

You can go old school and use your modem and alligator clips to break in to telco boxes, there you can dial out on someone else's phone number.

Remember your digital signature, your computer leaks nfo about OS, browser version, type, machine chipset, computer name and commo devices. It is like a fingerprint.

There is no lazy way to go about spoofing. You got to do some work. :-({|=

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

two questions for the price of one, a thread gone haywire

Post by DNR »

:roll: since you asked another question while I was answering your first question..

It depends how smart the sysadmin or server script is in detecting your real IP.

You got a two-fer, I suggest you do some study before posting again.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

jasonxxx102 wrote:Now if your ip is masked they will ban the masked ip not your real one right. Or am i wrong
As DNR mentioned, because of portability reasons any SMART site will ban a user based on computer specific identification and finger print opposed to an IP ban. Bad_Brain can likely help out a bit more in this case.

jasonxxx102

Post by jasonxxx102 »

Thanks guys for all of your help. Im glad this site actually has helpful staff and users. The other site I went to called me a noob and banned me.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Everyone starts somewhere - heck, I may be considered a newb to some.
In fact I would go as far to call myself a noob.

Anyway, the fact of the matter is we are here to assist people. That is what sets aside from other sites. But, this gives you no excuse to ask stupid question, or not to follow rules. We just recently banned a member for abusing teh aforementioned.

jasonxxx102

Post by jasonxxx102 »

understood

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Re: the real question is how to get a IP thats not yours

Post by Lyecdevf »

DNR wrote:If you insist on using your own box, you either have a lappie or desktop. A Desktop you can still make a antenna for a wifi connex to a nearby neighbor or free wifi hotspot if you live in a busy city or suburb.
But at best, you'll have a laptop, to roam at will to search out unsecured wifi spots. Drive, take a bus, explore.
Never use the same spot.
That is my favorite idea. I do not like using my internet connection for hacking other than some port scanning.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal