Can I sell real world items?

Here you can show your site or search/offer jobs.
jasonxxx102
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Can I sell real world items?

Post by jasonxxx102 »

Can I Sell real world items?

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Why not... but we are not responsible if you get riped off....
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

And if YOU rip someone off, I will take vengeance in my own hands. I suggest ebay.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

Big-E wrote:And if YOU rip someone off, I will take vengeance in my own hands. I suggest ebay.
best way to rip some 1 off is if you work at a postal service ^^
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

nay vote

Post by DNR »

Hmmm No. :-k

Information, coding time and possibly even drugs are sold here but items like your mom's blender, your dad's Iphone (I'll buy that), or your sister's dollhouse, really don't fit in here. This aint E-Suck, or SuckBay, its bad enough I got to watch the forums for sneaky shit and bad threads, but no time for CC transactions, E-gold bullshit, and downloading posts that have 9,435kb of images of a blender.

Try E-bay or Craig's List.

[-(
DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

Jason...ok I was a little sharp before. Sorry had a shitty day.

Ok your idea is NOT workable on a number of levels.

In order to effectivly manage and police the progress we would need to maintain a constant supervision. Who would supervise this process? The staff. Would the staff be compensated? Probably not. If something went wrong, who would get the blame? The staff.

In the case of a dispute, the judgement of the staff would be questioned because we would be seen as having a vested interest. What if a staff member was involved in some questionable activity? Again, the integrity of the system is compromised. What of fraud? To what extent do we comply with the authorities? The site gets closed down whilst an investigation is conducted, so we all lose out. Again, unfair, and injust.

Money is the root of all evil....and personally I think to alter the ethos of the site by introducing a commercial element to it would be a tragedy, because it alters the dynamics and ethos of the site as a learning community. What if a newbie buys a piece of equipment, doesnt know how to use it, to what degree is the seller liable to explain its use, and to what extent for damages or repairs? This situation would also mean that a select few (those who have more skill, technical ability and knowledge) would be able to over dominate the "market".

This would result eventually in a makeshift cartel, where by prices could be set at pretty much any value, and if the prices are too high to an extent which would deter people from buying it the system then comes to a grinding halt. This means that all of the hard work in creating, supervising and controlling the system would be for naught, which is unfair and poses too heavy a burden on the creators. It is only fair that they receive fair compensation for their labour, and it is on these grounds jason I hope that you can better appreciate why it is an unsustianable idea.