How long have you been using linux?

...let us know what you think, free speech!

1 week
18%
1 month
18%
half a year
9%
1 year
27%
2 years
18%
3 years
9%
5 years
No votes

Total votes: 11

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I have been using linux now for a year. I know so from a blog entry that it was the beginning of April of 2007 when I first installed linux on my box.

I know that a lot of you guys use linux. So I was wondering how long have you been a linux user?!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Ive been

Post by maboroshi »

Ive been using Linux since my beginning in computers 10 years ago although not on a steady basis (or as a personal OS). I remember telneting into a shell and un-taring files and using chmod etc but now I use it on a steady basis

anyway

:)

Maboroshi

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

For the past 2-3 years i've tinkered with linux time to time. I'd usually do a dual boot, but there's been a few times where i've done a full linux install. Currently though, i'm running windows.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

G-Brain
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by G-Brain »

Where's 4 years? :D

I've been fooling around with Linux since I was 12, starting with Ubuntu not fulfilling my expectations of command line goodness, trying a few other distro's, trying Slackware, trying a few more distro's, and eventually coming back to Slackware.

Ubuntu is simple in the eyes of a user.
Slackware is simple in the eyes of a programmer.

Text file configurations, etc, just seem to be my kind of thing. I use Linux all the time, for I have customized it exactly to my liking.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

about 5 years here.
but I voted 3 years because the first distro I used (SuSe 8 I think) was just lying around on the HDD for a while without being REALLY used...ok, I was practicing the basic commands for my studies but that doesn't really count as usage imo.
the 2nd distro I used for a while was RedHat 9 until the support was stopped, then switched to Debian...and I found the perfect distro for me in it..started with Sarge and now I have Sarge/Etch/Lenny installed.... :D

TheKingOfHearts

Post by TheKingOfHearts »

http://suck-o.com/modules.php?name=Foru ... pic&t=2901

i remember my first time. :lol:

im no longer using it currently because i dont have anymore IDE sockets to put a hard drive in, so if i want to ill have to sub it with the dvd drive....

so everything is just a hassle, and now im doing a lot of photoshop cs3 and dreamweaver so WineHQ woudnt run cs3....

i love my Ubuntu. soon when i save up some dope ill buy another hdd and a processor and make a small linux based server for exp. and fun.
[url=http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2034/oopsrg8.gif]/sig[/url]