Will Counter-strike ever die?

About your favorite games!
pois0n
forum buddy
forum buddy

Will Counter-strike ever die?

Post by pois0n »

Counter-strike has been out for almost 11 years and is bigger than ever. It is a bit less played in the west than it was in its prime, but on a world wide scale it isnt even in it's prime yet. Now more than ever you'll see more and more asain teams in tournaments, and the same American/European teams play it. It seems to only get bigger and bigger.

My question to you is

Will counter-strike ever die?

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

As long as there are bored people, CS will exist ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

as longs as it is fun it will not. take a look at Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, the game is old (much older than CS) and the graphic is really not the best anymore, but there is still an active gaming scene..simply because the game is fun.

:wink:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

role playing combat training

Post by DNR »

Mental imaging of combat situations is about training with tactics and scenarios on paper, in play and of course on computer. Back in the early 1990's my police academy got the FATS - no not from donuts, but Fire Arm Training Simulator. This used a wall sized screen that detected laser impulses on the screen that came from firearms fitted with a laser connected to a computer. The role-playing scenarios were operator controlled, the person would be in the room with you and select what would happen next in the movie like simulator. If you failed to say a verbal command, or positioned yourself incorrectly the controller could select the scene where your 'suspect' would draw on you and start shooting or simply put his hands up. They now even have Simulators that will shoot paintballs back at the players and can use firearms fitted with blank firing ammo. Team player is possible with multiple weapon types.

The military had always done role-playing/what-if situs on boards, paper, and of course computers. It proves to be a viable and important part of training for missions.

Cops are trained to do mental imaging of 'what-if' situs where ever we go. I walk in to a party store late night, my mind goes in to hyperdrive and maps out the location, identifies possible threats, and sub-consciously my body positions itself correctly for escape/fighting. This is where my hacker mindset works well - I can orgainize and prioritize the constant influx of information coming in from my senses, its as easy as multitasking between computers :wink:

Training with counter-strike will never die off, there is no other tool that works. You can play one on one, team play, or run the same scenario against the computer and it will turn out different each time..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

There are still people playing Diablo 1... so I guess not ;)
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by isapiens »

starcraft + quake = me failing at life

i dont know whats gona happen to me when they release stacraft 2
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Losing_grip

Post by Losing_grip »

Lol , i still play counter strike, even the oldest version from newest.
Many people still play counter strike @ Philippines. But only if they're bored playing Online Games. although the most played offline game here is Dota and CounterStrike, and others play Online games, got hell toons of Online games here @ philippines. 2 Months ago they even launched so called counter strike 2 named Special Force and i won in the tournament got free t-shirt , cap and poster ^^ and yeah + free CD installer.

counter strike will never die unless much better came out imo.
but people here @ philippines are more into Online games now.. we got hell sooooo many online games @ PH

anyway cheers

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Funny I play CSS and even competed in CAL matches, did not do very well cause my team mates. I am an admin on a server and play a bit to get rid of daily stress. perhaps some of you may want to get in a bit of a fight on my server.

Let me know
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ