Drug Use in hacking personalities

...let us know what you think, free speech!
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

allright, so I´m gonna confess too... 8)
well, at the age of 18 I started smoking weed, and hey, it was real fun at the beginning...but after a while I was loosing the motivation to do anything except to smoke. after a couple of years I tried MDMA, was fun too...next were cocaine and amphetamines. at the end I was so addicted that I needed about 2grams of speed/day, just to be able to go to work and handle my everyday life. I tried LSD too, my first trip that kicked was a real overdose and it was pure horror, so I never tried it again. well, the end of the story was that my health was completely ruined, I lost my toenails, my teeth were about to fall out and my mind was in a catastophic state. one day I was at a friends house for party, I was high as fuck already but I snorted another line....the next thing I remember is that I woke up in a hospital.
the doctor said if I´ll not change my life I would be dead soon...and when I was allowed to get up a couple of days later I was on my way to the smoking room, when a ambulance guy crossed my way, and he said: "nice to see you´ve made it"....he was the driver of the ambulance which carried me to the hospital, and he told me that they had to re-animate me twice. that was such a shock that I promised myself that day to change my life.
well, this is now more than 10 years ago, and since then I´ve NEVER touched hard drugs again...I rarely drink alcohol (maybe 2 times/year) and when me and my friends make our annual gambler´s party out in the green I maybe smoke some weed (but that´s the only time in the whole year).
I had to work myself out of this shit completely by my own, it was a damn hard way from a fucked up zombie to the point where I´m at now, and I still have to deal with the aftermaths. my life and my mind are too precious to waste them with beeing a drug slave...that´s what I´ve learned out of it...

:wink:

LaBlueGirl
Suckopithicus chickasaurus
Suckopithicus chickasaurus

b_b

Post by LaBlueGirl »

Holy crap.....

I would say congratulations but that doesn't seem enough....

Glad you are still with us, though.
"Hey, Crash!
Ever tried walking with no legs?

It's real slow!"
~Crunch, Crash Bandicoot TTR

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Well, so far I'm odd man out. I haven't done anything...yet. That's not to say I won't smoke/drink/whatever. If I do, I'm hellbent on not letting it own me.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

As I said before, this thread was not to condone, support, or rebuke those that use drugs.
I wanted to examine this topic because it is something I face everyday.
Self-medication at best is a quick fix. Long term use is questionable.
I guess I tried to hack myself, and smoking pot was a fix for a problem I knew I had. Other drugs were experimentation, its true, one drug can lead to another. I tried to be wise, I would read and study about the drug I was taking. I had a lot of good trips. I wanted to explore my mind. Exploration can turn to Slavery or death.

In the end though, I am not sure if it mattered. On one hand I was lucky to be spared my life, healthwise, and free of jail. We should all be greatful for things we do have in life, not everyone has it, and you, one day might not either.

I suppose I am going to say, Try being drug free. I look back on my life and know that everything I have done, good and bad, has made me who I am today. I just wonder sometimes, who I would have been..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

Well who you are now is what matters, going back and changing something to see who you could of been could be dissasterous, one little change, such as walking down the other side of the street one day could change who you are dramatically