windows vista blows..and so does norton

Problems? Post here...
CockWaffle
forum buddy
forum buddy

windows vista blows..and so does norton

Post by CockWaffle »

It's been awhile since my last post...i know this but hopefully someone may be able to help....

Typical as any other story but....One of my friends received a computer from his stepbrother's father. The problem is, my buddy's account is limited and the guy he got it from doesn't know the administrator pass because his ex set the computer up...so of course i volunteer my skills to help...one problem though Norton security center throws me all off and vista does not allow me to do anything from safe mode without administrative privileges... anyone know how i can shut down norton without administrative privileges on vista? Id rather be a script kiddie on this one....

side note...i can't use cain and able on this one because the computer refuses any kind of access from outside computers...it isnt succeptable of poisoning or anything

Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Still_Learning »

why dont you just format it and reinstall the OS

CockWaffle
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by CockWaffle »

there are programs that he needs and files that belong to his siblings that have to be recovered...it would be much easier if his dad's ex would just answer the phone..lol

puto
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by puto »

why not use Ophcrack?
You can find it on here in the download section.
Intelligence merely allows you to be more elaborately and ornately disastrously wrong.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

CockWaffle wrote:there are programs that he needs and files that belong to his siblings that have to be recovered...it would be much easier if his dad's ex would just answer the phone..lol
back up the files on a usb drive then reformat

CockWaffle
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by CockWaffle »

tried ophcrack...norton wont let it anywhere near that computer...gay i know

as for backing up files...it looks like thats what i'm going to have to do...i was really hoping that someone had a faster answer...lol thanks anyways guys

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, well, you could do it the brutal way by booting a Linux live CD, mounting the HDD and then move the Norton exe files to another place so they can't be started on the next boot....

CockWaffle
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by CockWaffle »

bad brain...i love you...hahah that was a very sinister plan...and it worked indeed...thank you all for the ideas...it really helps to bounce ideas off of other people