Complete n00b seeking help

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Complete n00b seeking help

Post by DrVirus »

Hi guys, first of all sorry about disturbing you people like this.
The thing is I am a n00b about the hacking and stuff but am very interested about it. So I searched a bit and found suck-o. I read most of the newbie guides that are posted here. And like bad_brain suggested I learned HTML a bit (still learning). I know C. And learning C++ rite now. I am using Windows XP . Never used Linux before. Know how to operate VMware. Don't have lan but can set it up. I know a bit about computer hardware. I can assemble a computer and fix a few problems using trial and error. That's it.

So any advise ? Or any follow it now ? Thank you in advance.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Ok first off do you know how to fix your computer if it were to get infected? I think most importantly is to learn how the computer works and how you can fix it in case you or me :twisted: break it. Kidding about me breaking it.

This is crucial because it is how you will begin to learn hacking computers and computer related systems. LEARN the Bios and boot orders. Start fixing friends computers and you'll learn how Viruses behave and how to repair the problems. This is an important foundation.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

Well I can't really say I am an expert on this topic. But I did fix my computer once when it got infected by a virus. But noting in detail. Thanks for the advise. I will try to follow it up.

str33tl0rd

Post by str33tl0rd »

well.....there are very good articles and tuts around here that will give you and idea of things in hacking/wardriving work....so first i recommened you read those tuts.....after you have read those articles...you will cleary have an idea of how the shits operate then start focusing on what you are more interested in more....

and for fixin your computer when its infected....one of the thing that has helped out alot when my computer is infected is a tool called 'Security Task Manager'...this program is realy helpful beacuse it displays all process (hidden/unhidden) which are causin shit....
A fools mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise mans tongue is under the control of his mind.~ Imam Ali (A.S)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

if you are able to set up a LAN do it! it's a great opportunity to learn about networking...and you can use the 2nd computer as testfield.
maybe you want to take a look into Linux and set it up on the 2nd computer, the possibilities are endless....Linux is maybe a pain in the rear for a beginner, but with some patience you will learn a LOT simply by installing and using it a little... :wink:

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

Well if I setup LAN which version of Linux will you recomend ? I have this OS called Ubuntu a guy in the net praised it a lot so I kept it. Never used it though and I once installed Mandrake in a computer of my friend. The graphical interface looked cool. But didn't quite use it either. So what do you say ?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

for a beginner Ubuntu is a good choice... :wink:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

DrVirus wrote:Well I can't really say I am an expert on this topic. But I did fix my computer once when it got infected by a virus. But noting in detail. Thanks for the advise. I will try to follow it up.
Well if you are fluent with computer hardware then the next logical step is to become fluent with software, networking, and I prefer the study of the processor.

Perhaps you may need to ask yourself why you are asking these questions? If you truly want to hack something you'll figure it out, this is not Hollywood most of this shit takes years. Yet some of us don't look at it like that, because we are manic in such ways that if we are not challenging our abilities then we are not living!

P.S. No offense was intended in my reply.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

floodhound2 wrote: Perhaps you may need to ask yourself why you are asking these questions? If you truly want to hack something you'll figure it out, this is not Hollywood most of this shit takes years. Yet some of us don't look at it like that, because we are manic in such ways that if we are not challenging our abilities then we are not living!

P.S. No offense was intended in my reply.
I never Thought is like dat. :D Look mate, to me the defination of a Hacker is a person who knows a lot about computers. Something like a computer genius. I maybe a n00b but not dat much. :D I have been practically living with a computer since I was 6. I wanted to know as much as humanly possible about a computer. Then I saw dat I had less interest on other topics than programming, virus programming and hacking. I am in no hurry. If it takes years, I am more than ready to give it.

By the way any one knows where I can find a good Ubuntu Tut ?

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Now the one thing we do like to see on this forum is people using proper English. For one there are many members on this forum that are not English and all you are doing is making it very hard for others to read what it is you are putting into text. Dat is not good enough! I think you get the point.

It is also not a tut on ubuntu that you are looking for, more information is needed ie: what is it you are trying to do? If i am wrong the first tut would be put the disc in and boot from cd at start up.

Welcome to the forum :wink:

Consumerwhore
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by Consumerwhore »

DrVirus wrote: I never Thought is like dat. :D Look mate, to me the defination of a Hacker is a person who knows a lot about computers. Something like a computer genius. I maybe a n00b but not dat much. :D I have been practically living with a computer since I was 6. I wanted to know as much as humanly possible about a computer. Then I saw dat I had less interest on other topics than programming, virus programming and hacking. I am in no hurry. If it takes years, I am more than ready to give it.

By the way any one knows where I can find a good Ubuntu Tut ?
http://www.psychocats.net/

Might be of some help.

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

Okay. Thanks and sorry. I will try not to do that again. (Hope this one is better).