Best TuT (noob searching for the best study guide)

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
d3athlig3r
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Best TuT (noob searching for the best study guide)

Post by d3athlig3r »

Hey there

Say i decided to learn C as a first language, with hardly any experience\knowledge of other languages, what tutorial would you recommend to be the best (in best i mean newb-friendly and interactive, but don't get me wrong i do know a pretty good amount about computers), if it's an ebook ill try to get it, if its a website you know, please link me to it.

Oh and sorry if this is already been asked.
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o194/aka_PABLO/D3athLig3r.png[/img]

Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Still_Learning »

i would say goto a torrent site and search for C tutorial , i just found one
that is great

some well known sites are

thepiratebay.org

or mininova.org

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Try wikipedia and google.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Go to your local book store and get a big old book about it ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

cats wrote:Go to your local book store and get a big old book about it ^^
yeah, if you have a problem during coding and look for a quick solution ebooks and google are good, but if you want to learn a language from the start nothing beats a real book....might sound funny but I enjoy to read my favorite Linux reference book in bed... :lol:
the ones from Addison-Wesley and Open Source Library are my recommendation. best check for an online bookstore that sells slightly damaged books (you can find ads from them in Linux magazines for example)...my Linux book usually goes for 59,95 Euro, the one I got has just a little scratch on the cover (it's still brand new, not 2nd hand!) and was sold for 9,95 Euro... :wink:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

bad_brain wrote: ....might sound funny but I enjoy to read my favorite Linux reference book in bed... :lol:

Man I though I was a nerd reading tech manuals and books before bed.

Thanks B_B, after hearing this I don't feel so nerdish.

:oops:
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Yeah, I got a book on Unix from the library and started reading in on the bed. It is nice to pick a real book once in a while so you do not have to stare at the screen for every thing!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

I read all my library books at the beach or by the pool getting suntan checking out girls in bikinis 8)

all my magazines (2600, linux pro, pc mag, ect..) while taking a crap

kill two bird with one stone

lol

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

my library is bigger than your library

Post by DNR »

I think reading a book takes more discipline than searching for the answer on google. Even most e-books are not as detailed as a 'Networking in a Nutshell' book. To actually say you read a book, you had to read it front to back, some times you had to study parts of it over and over. Those that got comfortable with books were the smart ones in school. Remember if it wasn't in a book - it never happened, facts and statistics only became truth when it was printed. (figuratively speaking, but true!) Back in the old days, one could justify their wisdom by the size of their library.

I had books everywhere in my warehouse, some books you would save and reference later, some books you read once and shoot 'em up (literally, with pistols). Some books lost value as the OS or version became obsolete. Some books got loaned out, never returned, some books got damaged, or lost. I stole books when I could not afford them, which was most of the time. Then there was the time I walked in to a military armory and walked out with arm-loads of manuals (family visiting day!) In several moves, I had to trim down my library. I kept only the best, and some ok ones like Hacking Exposed :lol: I hope one day to set up a proper bookshelf and put them back on display.

The next thing to do, is to write. 8)

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

d3athlig3r
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by d3athlig3r »

Thanks for the suggestions :D and i agree with you DNR, well i guess it's time to start reading :wink:

str33tl0rd

Post by str33tl0rd »

i agree with badbrain....reading on your bed is somethin completey differnet.....but i never get books...well i used to when i was a bit younger.....but now i rather read more ebooks......they are fun......but ofcourse not as fun as reading book on your bed.....=P
A fools mind is at the mercy of his tongue and a wise mans tongue is under the control of his mind.~ Imam Ali (A.S)

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

One thing you should not do is read the book like a story...

As soon as you finish a chapter, get on your computer and try what you've just learn. It's the best way to practice and actually learn what you've just read.

Later on, come some little project. If you need any ideas for project msg me or any of th staff members... we have a bunch of ideas :wink:
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

d3athlig3r
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by d3athlig3r »

@Nerdz Thanks mate, advice taken :D