Bookmark Backups

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Bookmark Backups

Post by visser »

I don't know about you guys, but i know that i very often work on multiple machines and very often do i find good bookmarks with tuts or info that i will need in the future. I want a way to backup thos bookmarks on all the different machines and mash them into one.

take for example Mozilla Firefox. It does allow me to back my stuff up, but to restore from a backup deletes my old backups. how would i combine multiple backups of all of my bookmarks from all of my machines...

i googled bookmark managers but wanted something that i know works because the suck-o community uses it :P

TheKingOfHearts

Post by TheKingOfHearts »

[url=http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2034/oopsrg8.gif]/sig[/url]

visser

Post by visser »

well im sad to say that the first two addons are exactly what i want. however, they are for older versions of firefox. and i love my firefaox 3 lol thanks for the ideas dude. i totally didnt think about firefox addons :P

F4LSE

Post by F4LSE »

i got an idea!
write them ALLLL in a lil notebook and ull never forget them! te he :D

p.s. good job at football today, visser lololololololol

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

visser wrote:well im sad to say that the first two addons are exactly what i want. however, they are for older versions of firefox. and i love my firefaox 3 lol thanks for the ideas dude. i totally didnt think about firefox addons :P
In firefox 3 i just goto organize bookmarks then import or export them, maybe you can carry a back up of them on a usb thumb drive, im not sure if you try to import another from a diffrent computer if it will cause double of the same bookmark or just ask you if you want to overwrite it with the current bookmark or not. I use the date as the name of the favorites backup, for multi PC's i guess you could use todaysday+a, then +b, +c ect for each PC, firefox 3 i beleive has two formats i think to export and import in ..html being one, maybe a simple script could add the bookmarks together in the html file firefox imports for its use to combine all the others without having duplicates of bookmarks. I also heard of a way to make firefox 2 plugins work with firefox 3 i will need to get more info on it though for you.
something to do with manually installing the plugin instead of just clicking the "install plugin" button in firefox

visser

Post by visser »

itzm3 wrote: In firefox 3 i just goto organize bookmarks then import or export them...
actually i followed the king of hearts lead on this one. went with some firefox addons.

using mozilla to export or import overwrites the bookmarks all togheter and i couldnt see a way to change between a .html backup and a .jason backup.

so i looked for some addons. came to a lil addon called foxmark. does exactly what i want it to. its good stuff :P
diagnol wrote: got an idea!
write them ALLLL in a lil notebook and ull never forget them! te he Very Happy
you crazy son of a gun. you know ive already done that lololololololol it dont work perfectly for long urls

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

visser wrote:
itzm3 wrote: In firefox 3 i just goto organize bookmarks then import or export them...
actually i followed the king of hearts lead on this one. went with some firefox addons.

using mozilla to export or import overwrites the bookmarks all togheter and i couldnt see a way to change between a .html backup and a .jason backup.

so i looked for some addons. came to a lil addon called foxmark. does exactly what i want it to. its good stuff :P

perfectly for long urls
for jason back up goto orgainze bookmarks > backup >
for html you will see a export to html option

i will have to check out foxmark though sounds cool