Boot PC like a PALM/PDA?

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
espresso

Boot PC like a PALM/PDA?

Post by espresso »

Hi, I'm new to Suck-o and was thinking that maybe you guys could help me with a new project that I've been thinking about.

I have a SSD card and a SATA converter. How can I make my computer boot like a PALM/PDA? I want it to boot in a second. When you shutdown your
computer, it downloads all the running data to the SSD-drive. Is this possible?omputer down, you download all what you have up and running in to the SSD-drive.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Well your computer will never boot like a PDA because it it loading software. Most PALM and other mini computers have a less bulky op-system and even have it written on an IC/s. ICs are much faster than a hard disk.

You can have your computer boot in a second if you remove your hard disk drive and just boot-up. Sure you cant do much but look at the black screen but this is a working computer - technically.

Hope this helps.

G-Brain
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by G-Brain »

Coreboot, formerly known as LinuxBIOS, is pretty close:

http://www.coreboot.org

You'll need a compatible motherboard.

Old video:
I <3 MariaLara more than all of you

espresso

Post by espresso »

I dont want to replace BIOS. If you are runing Fire fox and som movie player, so all that information that are runing in RAM and from the OS, downloaded to a SSD-drive. and then you want your computer up and runing agane, you can watch that movie you lock att before.

But insted you have it on a IC/s you have it on a read/write SSD-disk

G-Brain

Post by G-Brain »

That's called suspend to disk (except you'd use an SD card). There's also suspend to RAM. Google 'em :)
I <3 MariaLara more than all of you