Muh rant!

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Muh rant!

Post by Lyecdevf »

I am going to try today to write up my very first rant. At least I believe it is my very first rant. Maybe a few months ago I wrote up some thing that could have sounded as a rant but lets say for the sake of this thread I have not and this is my very first rant.

I really wonder what kind of a felling I am going to get once it is finished and posted on suck-o!? I hope I get that worm fuzzy feeling but I doubt it. I just hope that people will like it. Well in fact I am going to be damn luck if I do not get torn apart, banned and humiliated for the rest of my life.

Besides that I really questioned my self in the moments before attempting to write up this rant if I have in fact any thing to rant about! Well I may be young and my future may hold a lot of promises but that does not mean that I have to carry a bit oll' smile on me face all the time. In fact I think I am going to enjoy this.

So what should I rant about? Well I figure since this is my rant I am going to rant about the things that lay heavy on my sole. Yeah, I think that is a good expression! So there wont be one particular subject that I am going to concentrate on but just a mixture of things. I guess it is going to sound a bit like talking to your granny! :) One moment it is the weather, the next politicians and than the food! God have mercy on your soles!

One of the things that I regularly complain on forums like this is that there is nothing good on TV these days. Back in the days we had good shows. I like to remember a particular day when I came home, turned on the TV and watched some thing like Prince of Bel Air which was followed by maybe Rossane or some thing like that. For about 45 minutes I just dazed away and forgot every thing. I lost my self in the little world of those comedy shows.

Now I am not saying that those shows were so much better than the ones we have today. I am not saying that at all! I believe that todays shows are much better. At least some of them. A few months ago I decided to download a couple of comedy shows. One in particular I found very funny! It is called Reno911. My God did I laugh. I really could not believe how funny it was. It was so funny I still think about it even after many months have passed. However, it is not the same thing. First of all I do not get to watch it on TV and second of all I need to find them. Today there are so many shows to pick from that I could fill up my entire 500 GB hard drive with all sort of shows and not find one that I would like in particular. It is frustrating some times for me! I have to look at dozens of shows to determine if I like one in particular. That in it self takes time that some times I do not find. So there is never going to be again a time when I am going to come home turn TV and daze off. It is just not going to happen. That is what I miss. I could go later to meet my buddies and talk about that comedy show I watched because we were all watching it. There was not much else on TV. Now if I watched Reno911 and wanted to talk to some one about it more likely or not that person has not seen the show and would need me to give him a copy of it so that they could comment on it! In the end it all seems like a lot of effort for a small benefit.

What else bothers me you may ask!? Windows! When ever I open up some windows OS, God forbid vista of course, I get upset with it and I remember of course why I am using linux! Just today I installed windows server 2003 in a virtual environment. So I figured I would put BlackIce 3.6 on it. So I browsed a little bit around to find. It was not five minutes before my box was infected with all sort of malware. There was this pop up that just kept annoying me. It was a real pain in the rear. Before I figured that it was MicroAV.exe and that it was in the folder C:/program files/PChealth or some thing like that it annoyed me for God knows how long. Finally I fixed the problem and now it seems I might just as well need to reinstall it all over again. I am not even going to go into Vista because that is a whole new issue that I am just not going to bring up right now!

In fact this rant got me all worked up. I think I am just going to have a little rest right now. I hope you find some thing useful here and I hope that you do not find it that bad. I hope you do not find me a depressing person after reading all of this. I try to be a happy person and I keep trying to find those ever more elusive good things in life and some times it becomes really difficult. I keep adapting my self to new situations and this if you may is a story about just that. We all need to keep adapting our selves to survive and than one day it is all over. So see you in the next life!

:wink:
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

:roll: I don't know if i'd even call this a rant. If so, it's the most calm and politely worded one i've seen. Anyway, I rarely watched, or watch television so i can't necessarily relate there. Windows sucks. We all know it, but microsoft makes money by shitting in a box and writing "windows" on it. It is also the only virus that can get another virus :lol: .

Well, if these are the things that are of greatest concern to your 'sole' (soul, you mean? :P), consider yourself lucky. Enjoy your youth, i gave mine up when i joined the army...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Lye
Hey if this was your first shot at a rant it was decent. You got the right idea, a rant can be about ideas, feelings, things in the news you want to talk about, or even shit going on in your head personal.

Keep writing, you'll only get better.

BTW, yea TV sucks, I am mostly watching learning shows, tech stuff, news, and movies. Reno 911 is funny, but the repeats kill me.
I can't stand the shit people call entertainment, just brain numbing shit.
I rather play games or be online to be interactive.

Not to be dick, but any OS is only as good as its adminstration. :wink:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

G-Brain
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by G-Brain »

A rant is a poorly thought out attack on an idea. The ideas here being Windows and decent television. I think this qualifies as a rant.
DNR wrote:Not to be dick, but any OS is only as good as its adminstration. :wink:
Just like cars being as good as they are maintained. If they break down, it is the maintainers' fault. It is impossible that the car actually sucks.
I <3 MariaLara more than all of you

Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

Post by Swan »

lye,

I wouldnt call this a rant in the strictest sense. A rant is an incoherent rambling monologue with little evidence, justification or rationale behind it. It skims topics, uses selective evidence and relies on prejudice and emotions of the viewer to "win" over support.

Lye, this was a well written, articulate piece which clearly set out its objectives, and balanced them with prodigious use of clear structure and dependable logic.

Well done.

MariaLara
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by MariaLara »

Lyecdevf

If you do not write for a living you should think about doing so.
Your words are always so moving and lovely even in a rant.
When DNR suggested that we rant in IRC, I really did not think you would do it but I am glad you did.
I enjoy reading your posts.
I hope that thinking about how bad programs are on the television and windows did not upset you too much.
I have to confess I did laugh, not at your expense, but at the fact I understood.
I doubt I will rant because my grammar and spelling suck and people attack those things instead of seeing the point of the post. Really what do I have to rant about?
Being misunderstood? I guess but that does not make me angry does it.
You know what I am like Lye and you know I am not a rant type so I am proud of you for being better than I. As always you did a good job.
:D
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

You may be ranting about your defeatSSSS in december...

Nice rant there man:)

@G-Brain: yeah.......
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Thanks for letting me know what you think. I actually felt better after writing this. It has been some thing that has been bothering me for a while now so now that I let it out I feel great.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

sure lye :wink:
Don't let other people define what a rant is to you. The word rant is actually misused, maybe others would call it a blog. Some people just get all defensive because they wish they could write like you just did, don't let that discourage you to keep writing.

Its funny, some said rants don't use facts, and yet I used a book to quote in my rant, so that theory does hold true. I try to use current events or other sources to refer to in my writing.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Uner

Post by Uner »

gogeta70 wrote:Windows sucks. We all know it, but microsoft makes money by shitting in a box and writing "windows" on it. It is also the only virus that can get another virus :lol: .
What a retarded ass statement. Linux is awesome when it comes to geeky stuff, such as programming and running a server. But hell, it's fucking horrible comparing to Windows when it comes to entertainment.
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a linux user myself, but I just can't biased people like you....

... or maybe you're joking... we all know sarcasm doesn't work too well on the internet.

MariaLara
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by MariaLara »

Nerdz wrote:You may be ranting about your defeatSSSS in december...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

This is the funniest post I have read here in suck-o.
You think you are going to defeat me. awww...That's so cute.
<3
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.