DNR Rant, The Big Picture

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

DNR Rant, The Big Picture

Post by DNR »

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[//////// DNR RANT \\\\\\\\]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
not to be viewed by those under the age of enlightenment

This rant protected by MSL 752.794, Act 53 of 1979

"Prohibited access to computer program, computer, computer system, or computer network.

Sec. 4.

A person shall not intentionally access or cause access to be made to a computer program, computer, computer system, or computer network to devise or execute a scheme or artifice with the intent to defraud or to obtain money, property, or a service by a false or fraudulent pretense, representation, or promise."

[Trying to find my ZONE....]Image[..This location might be a good place to rant]

Rants are hard work, you'd think it'd be so easy to sit and just let all your thoughts barf out of your soul. Its not just a matter of letting your fingers fly over the keyboard like they got a mind of their own. You have to monitor what you say, I keep back spacing over, deleting, correcting my thoughts going through my head. I am my own worst critic and censor. Its no wonder people get pissed off at me, I keep everyone at pistol length and then shit happens where feelings get hurt "I thought you knew me?!". Its like I want you to get to know me, but at the same time, I am already planning how to kill you afterwards so the secrets never get out.

This rant is about getting the big picture.

First off, I think lately people have gotten their lives all wrapped up around suck-o.com. Let me make it clear, Floodie, Gogeta70,B_B, CB, Mabo,C-thug, and I (just to name a few) have a life outside of suck-o. Suck-o is just a small part of our life. It is not an unimportant little part either. I get up around 10am and check out suck-o for about an hour or two, then I get ready to work at a major hospital. I come home, then I check out suck-o for about an hour.
So its funny when people assume they read a post or two about us, and they got us all figured out.
The truth be told, this is a social club. We have a slant on computers and networking, but really its the camradrie that keeps us coming back. The camradrie cannot be found in a few post here, it took time over IRC, YIM, and being drunk in the admin lounge.
Newbies should realize they are in our personal space, and give respect.
Passion and strong feelings about suck-o is good, misdirected - thats bad.
All I ask is everyone check 'yo'selves' and make sure you understand what you are all excited about. If you are focused on the reality, the big picture, you can use that energy for good things toward humanity.

The big picture.
In order to get the big picture you have to get an idea where we came from, and how far we have gone.
The internet was built by people described as "ad-hoc-racy of intensely creative, sleep-deprived, idiosyncratic, well-meaning computer geniuses...This was a community of equals..As always they half-expect that one day, any day, to be politely thanked for their work and promptly replaced with others whom they imagined to be the field's true professionals. There was no one to tell them they were as offical as it got"*1

That is us.
Everyone is standing around waiting for someone else to step up to the task of hacking stuff, networks, code, even life. But there is no one else, we are the ones that everyone is waiting on.

If you don't believe this, then you are a newbie or worst, a poser.

What are we doing here on suck-o??

Maybe its a continuation of Licklider's dream - to bring the world a step closer to computers and networks - with computers a facilitator of communucation and "human interaction". Our suck-o social club has a divine purpose to those that believe - to give faith and support. What better feeling in the world, than to know, some where, in the world, someone agrees or takes comfort in knowing they are not alone.
It takes a dedication, and dedication takes passion. I believe in Licklider's dream, that a computer can facilitate human interaction, any where there is a network connection. Look how far we have come, Between 1972 and the early '80s gave rise to BBS/forums, Flames, Emoticons, E-mail, chat rooms, and grew to video chat, blogging, and instant news and information to anyone with a internet connection. I was there, I saw and parcipated in this growth - thats why its very important for me to try to keep everyone in the Big Picture.

The big picture is this, we should be a cast of equals, and give respect. The feelings good and bad are all strong, its the passion. Don't waste time looking at the tree and miss the forest. Its not about one person, its about a belief. The belief is I hack, and I am hacking everything I can get my hands on - cause I want to be a facilitator. Use that pumped up feeling to accomplish something good. Don't get Task Over Saturation- keep adjusting your focus and keep shooting and scooting.

I know this rant is going to leave you feeling like it never ended, but thats the way it is. Maybe you can get my back and fill in the blanks.

DNR

*1 Where Wizards Stay Up Late by hafner and lyon
Last edited by DNR on 21 Sep 2008, 16:46, edited 3 times in total.
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

ahhhh...there you go, like in the good old days....welcome back rantin' DNR.... :D 8)

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I have a life out side of suck-o. I have in fact a life out side of the internet. I have a life out side of computers as a matter of fact. I have a life that has nothing to do with computers, internet or any of the above.

My little life is boring though. Sure I party and do I do a whole lot of other crazy things that you can read in my blog.

For me the internet is kind of an escape from the boring life. I download torrents, chat with people on IRC, check e-mail and some where in there I forget what kind of role I need to play in real life and what people expect from me on a daily basis. Ever one needs a little escape.

I do not go around telling people that I do computers. They would think I am a dork or some thing which I am not. You see the way I see the internet is a great place that one needs to take advantage of. I mean you can hang on here all day long but that is not the point. The idea is that you have the opportunity to use the resources of the internet and use that to advance you real life. That is how I use the internet. It does not use me in a way that I would spend every waking moment on it. That would be a waste of time. It is nice to come in there and get out and not to have your routines and even thinking altered by the internet. That would mean that you are weak but I am strong. I think of my self as a real player in the game called life. When I look at people who think they are the social elite and have every thing going for them I see a weakness in them. They do not know as much about the internet as I do. They may have a slight fear of it. They could be afraid of people like us-hackers, script kiddies,...Do they really know how to set up a good website or do they have a middle man between them and the internet who influences there views of how a website should look like and contents that such a site should hold. I do not need such a middle man. I know how to set up my own site if need be but more importantly no one can influence me to make my site the way they think it should be. That is what seems very important to me. Websites are an important communications medium. If you control the contents of your site you control the opinion of others of you. That is very important if you want to play in the game of life like big boys do.

Any way thins are my two cents on the subject. In fact I have a lot to do today and I need to be off. On the way I need to catch some thing to eat as well because I am starving. So see you guys!
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

weaknesses

Post by DNR »

so then, you would not elect a president that couldn't figure out e-mail to save the world i.e. McCain. Obama I hear has a crackberry.

Good point Lye,
When I look at people who think they are the social elite and have every thing going for them I see a weakness in them. They do not know as much about the internet as I do.
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

MariaLara
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Re: weaknesses

Post by MariaLara »

DNR wrote:
Good point Lye,
When I look at people who think they are the social elite and have every thing going for them I see a weakness in them. They do not know as much about the internet as I do.
That is a good point.

Then there are a few people who do not think they are the social elite but really are. They lack that weakness because they happen to know more about the internet and life in general.
Most of you know him as batman.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

DNR

Nicely put!. I always enjoy reading your shit even when you are slamming my shit.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Floodie - Dude! *thumb*
When I am slamming your shit I am doing so with the right intentions, to make people think. I never set out to hurt people or fight, a true warrior tries to avoid conflict.

DNR
-

Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Still_Learning »

"its all good" DNR

your not the first person to get drunk and rant about a bunch of stupid crap while on the net

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

itzm3 wrote:"its all good" DNR

your not the first person to get drunk and rant about a bunch of stupid crap while on the net
And your not the first person to complain while on the net....

Chill out
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

itzm3 wrote:"its all good" DNR

and you would not the first one getting a permanent ban on suck-o for disrespecting staff members. users can say what they want here, as long as no rule is offended by it.....so if you don't like what another user wrote feel free to reply, but in a mature and respectful way. better keep this in mind for the future, I'll keep an eye on you from now on.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

whats the problem?

Post by DNR »

well damn.

You know lets get a few things clear here,
1. the word "rant" was taken loosely, just like the word "hacker" has been generalized. I don't get drunk to write, I think to write.
2. I now realized that many people take things out of context, misunderstand, or misinterpet my writings. But really my intentions were good when I write anything, if not to teach something, then perhaps just give a little insight in who I am.

I think the internet was created to facilitate human interaction, to be another form of communication. The responses in this thread show either success or losses, you either get it or you don't.

Suck-o is supposed to be an informational portal into not just hacking computers and networks, but oneself. The forum tries to provide not only just technical data, but the little bits of important stuff like life. This forum is not a computer, it is created and maintained by people.

DNR
-

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

No disrespect intended in the comment, I just said everyone rants , i ussually do mine while drinking so maybe that why i associated ranting and rambling with drinking, i didnt even read the whole rant

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

there you go. :wink:
Ok, lets all hold hands and sing "Amazing grace"
:lol:

DNR
-