Problems? Post here...
Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Random BSOD.

Post by Stavros »

My brother was playing World of Warcraft and randomly got this stop error:

STOP: 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I looked it up and it said the source could be video adapter drivers. It's strange, I haven't had any problems for about a week and a half.

Checked Event Viewer, no problems except for an Application Hang with Battlefield 2. Other than that everything checks out.

I'll post next when this happens again.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Eh, that's not a big deal really stavros, that's one of windows' most common stop messages. I doubt it'll happen again, nothing to worry about.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

LaBlueGirl
Suckopithicus chickasaurus

Re: Random BSOD.

Post by LaBlueGirl »

I think it happens when Windows can't create virtual memory or hasn't got enough RAM.

Stop 0x50 messages can also occur becuase of faulty drivers. If the filename is listed, try and roll back the driver.

If you have installed anything recently like hardware, try and remove it to see if this causes the problem.
If you have installed any new software recently, disable it or uninstall it to see if this fixes it.

Updated drivers are important for games. Make sure everything is updated. If an updated drver isn't available, you can always try to use a driver from a different product, but in the same family. (Like, your driver is 2100Z so you can look for a 2100Y or a 2100X). It may or may not work. And it may or may not temporarily solve the issue.
Sorry couldn't be of more help:)
"Hey, Crash!
Ever tried walking with no legs?

It's real slow!"
~Crunch, Crash Bandicoot TTR

LaBlueGirl

BTW

Post by LaBlueGirl »

Do you have programs running in the background, like anti-virus or something?
If so, disable them while you play.

I used to have similar problems playin NWN + Expansion Packs on my Windoze machine. The game took up about 2 Gigs of space....

See how much memory you have left, how much each program you normally use needs to run without problems.

If it is a relatively isolated incident, there isn't much of a cause for concern. If it keeps happening however, maybe get more memory.

Good luck.
"Hey, Crash!

It's real slow!"

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Well, after thinking about it last night at 1 in the morning I came up with a possible culprit. There's a torrent client I might've been running (I think I forgot to exit when my brother was playing) that has a blatant warning that pops up before running that says it may cause crashes. I'm going to uninstall that when I get home. Hopefully that was the culprit.

[Edit] I'm pretty sure 2 Gigs of ram has me set for a couple more years, never-the-less, duly noted.

More updates to come.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Ok, well after about 2 weeks of solid performance, I got a BSOD. I'm not too worried about it, just a little aggrivated.

STOP: 0x0000004E PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

I'll research in the morning. It's nearly 2 in the morning as I post.

LaBlueGirl

Post by LaBlueGirl »

Stavros wrote:Ok, well after about 2 weeks of solid performance, I got a BSOD. I'm not too worried about it, just a little aggrivated.

STOP: 0x0000004E PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

I'll research in the morning. It's nearly 2 in the morning as I post.
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

We used to have WITW is Carmen Sandiego on our Win 95 lol
"Hey, Crash!

It's real slow!"

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

LaBlueGirl, I think you're worst case scenario is happening (which is no big suprise for me, I naturally have shitty luck witht these things),

After taking a good long 5 hour nap, I awoke to find my computer BSOD, yet again as my brother exited WoW. I'm convinced my computer really hates WoW :roll:

*** STOP: 0x0000008E

*** nv4_disp.dll - Address BFA75E80 bast at VF9D4000, Datestamp 4410c8d4 (I think the important part is the nv4_disp.dll means that the video driver is either corrupt or just simply the wrong one)

Regardless, I need that info on how to do that dual boot thing that I think FrankB (was it FrankB?) told you about, LaBlueGirl

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

I got something like that... when I was playing a 3D game, after a couple of time(randomize) the screen was getting black and then my comp reboot... I finally got a msg telling me about the driver stuff....

I tought it was simply a corrupt driver but no... it was the video card which was deffect... I switch back to me old G-Force 4 and then I contacted the manufacturer.

I ship it to them and I got a new one which work perfectly now 8)
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

The crazy thing is this mostly just happens when exiting World of Warcraft.

[Edit] I have yet to play Counter-Strike, Battlefield 2 or Call of Duty 2 and get a BSOD.
Last edited by Stavros on 25 Apr 2006, 07:44, edited 1 time in total.

LaBlueGirl

Post by LaBlueGirl »

Stavros wrote:Regardless, I need that info on how to do that dual boot thing that I think FrankB (was it FrankB?) told you about, LaBlueGirl
np :)

Create a logical partition, allocating more "swap space" to the area where you will install your game.

Here are some links to get you started:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q255867/

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309000

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docu ... x?mfr=true

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_disk_ ... rtitioning

I'll have the "full report" when FrankB gets home later.

Good luck....
"Hey, Crash!

It's real slow!"

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

I believe I have found the source of my deeply troubling problems with my computer. I took it to a local 'puter shop and got them to run a full hardware diagnostic last Friday. Today they called me and told me that one of my DIMMs is dead and the other is giving errors. What I did find out was they put a 1GB module in from the store and it ran most of yesterday evening and most of this morning without a hitch. Tomorrow I'll go and see the guy that called. I went earlier today and one of the guys told me all he knew.

So far these are my options:
1) RMA the set and replace it with another set of the same kind.

2) RMA the set for a refund and go for a little better set of 2GB RAM

3) Buy the 1 GB RAM DIMM they have there for a rediculous price, but I'm guaranteed it works with my system.

Note: My set of ram cost about $180.00 USD (give or take 5-10 dollars) and that's both 1GB DIMMS, hence "set"). The 1GB DIMM cost about $120.00, which is abso-fucking-lutely rediculous in my opinion.

Once I have said facts verified, I'm leaning towards option 2. Does anyone want to have an influence (or at least try to influence me) in my purchasing of RAM?

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Heh, don't buy ram from stores, buy ram online, it's a shitload cheaper. here, i got you a listing of RAM.

Anyways, how much are you selling that ram for? And how many pins does it have?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

online / offline, shop around for best prices

Post by DNR »

price around for the 1gb ram chip, use a CC# to insure you can 'refund' for bad product.
Buy over the counter might be cheap if you avoid shipping and handling. But you also avoid taxes online..

Good go on find out your problem.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Chaos1986
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Low Cost RAM!

Post by Chaos1986 »

I Would Recomend Using Data Memory Systems. I Got A 512 Ram Chip For $63.00. The Website Is http://www.datamem.com. They Carry Memory For PCs And Macs. The Address Is 24 Keewayin Dr. Salem, NH 03079. The Telphone Number Is 603-898-7750 And Fax Is 603-898-6585
:twisted: :evil: I Got My Ram Upgrade Pretty Fast From Them. :D
If Man Made It Man Can Crack Or Hack It & If You Want To Be A True Hacker You Need To Keep Your Mind Open And Always Be Willing To Learn
[img]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9996/chaos19862ub.png[/img]