I need help urgently!

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
ast05

I need help urgently!

Post by ast05 »

My final year project is to hack a network of four computers(not connected to the internet) externally(via a switch/firewall) from my laptop.The problem is that i dont know how to begin,i have no background and dont know what the steps are to hack the network. The workstations in the network are either linux(fedora) or windows 2003. Plz if anyone can help me(websites,tutorials,software) i would be more than grateful :)

Note:this project is purely academic

LaBlueGirl
Suckopithicus chickasaurus

Re: I need help urgently!

Post by LaBlueGirl »

Well hello and nice to meet you, too.

Dispensing with the formalities:

How in Hades did you wind up in a "class" where you have to crack and they don't even "teach" you anything????

Man, what would you say your level of computer knowledge is? I don't even know where to start, here.

Anyhoo, try this
http://tinyurl.com/96rsa
(kidding!!)

or,
http://ngrep.sourceforge.net/
http://su2.info/doc/arpspoof.php

I really don't know exactly what you want, so maybe someone else here can help you better than I can....

But really, good luck :lol:
"Hey, Crash!
Ever tried walking with no legs?

It's real slow!"
~Crunch, Crash Bandicoot TTR

LaBlueGirl

Re: I need help urgently!

Post by LaBlueGirl »

Ok, still digging:

http://www.astalavista.com/index.php?se ... ails&id=54

http://www.astalavista.com/index.php?se ... ails&id=53

http://www.astalavista.com/index.php?se ... ails&id=30

http://www.astalavista.com/index.php?se ... ails&id=46

http://www.astalavista.com/index.php?se ... ails&id=25

Again, I have no clue as to what you are doing nor how much you already know...

Are the computers wired or wireless?
You mentioned a firewall, do the networked compuetrs have one or no (if they aren't connected to the internet my guess is no).

Go to the Newbies section here, and look at the sticky "Glossary of Terms" (or something to that effect). It will help you out a *lot*.

If you don't know much about all this kind of stuff, your best bet is to kick it kiddie-style. Get some progs to do the work for you.
"Hey, Crash!

It's real slow!"

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Hrm... usually you have a mentor for a final project... So ask him;) and also... This project would suck badly and would be reject because:

all because you don't use your knowledge... you simply use tool already coded...(If you want to program your own portscan and stuff like those, gr8... else ...)

Sorry... but IMO it's just another... How can I hack my school account...
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

skool finals

Post by DNR »

yeaaa, my problem is he is saying its a final year project. You musta been out partying all four years huh?

Need more nfo on what exactly is mission accomplished? and what means can be used to obtain mission complete...

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

My Bullshit Detector just went off.

LaBlueGirl

See:

Post by LaBlueGirl »

Stavros wrote:My Bullshit Detector just went off.
This is what I get for trying to be nice to n00bs :lol:
"Hey, Crash!

It's real slow!"

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Yea, it's kind of cruel, but I'd rather people be honest than try to lie. I won't accuse the thread starter of lying, I'm just suspicious.

LaBlueGirl

Post by LaBlueGirl »

Stavros wrote:Yea, it's kind of cruel, but I'd rather people be honest than try to lie. I won't accuse the thread starter of lying, I'm just suspicious.
Really, it isn't that cruel :)
I'm just trying to play nice b/c I respect the admin :lol:
You wanna see something ;) ;)
http://tinyurl.com/nnu4q
Not sure how it opens in other browsers, Just use the tree structure to the left and look for familiar names!! (In the 90's).

But seriously, I felt like something was "not quite right", too. But even then, I seriously doubt this person will even be able to do something with the links I sent, according to his self-proclaimed knowledge :)
"Hey, Crash!

It's real slow!"

ast05

Post by ast05 »

Plz im not lying or trying to do something sneaky,i know the project is shitty but all i need(and the project report) needs is different scenarios of how to hack this network from the outside. the main goal is documentation so plz if anyone can help plz reply. Thank You

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Orite, i'll help you start on the right path. First of all, are the computers connected through a wireless router? Or something else. Give a bit more information.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

LaBlueGirl

Post by LaBlueGirl »

If this is a legit class, you buy books.

If it isn't, get off your lazy arse and read the links, for starters.

There isn't much problem helping out legit people here. But obviously you haven't done anything yet.

Exercise that Goooogle finger, man!
"Hey, Crash!

It's real slow!"

ast05

Post by ast05 »

there r four computers, 1 windows 2000, 1 linux fedora, 1 linux fedora server and 1 windows 2000 server and they r connected to a switch/firewall. we r connected to the switch with an external IP. i started scanning the server with xscan and got some vulnerabilities, what next?i need scenarios, if this does not work what do i do. the next step in the project is to do an internal attack where we get an account on one of the stations on the network.

peace

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

project

Post by DNR »

good post n00b,

Ok,
1. What are the vulnerabilities did you find?
Is the software patched?
What Ports are open, do you have to use HTTP commands on port 80 to install something, or is FTP up?

2. If you can get access to a machine, plant a RAT/trojan so you can get back in anytime and even operate as that machine. You'll be able to install a packetsniffer, keylogger, grab the SAM, and maybe a bomb to erase the machine if it is discovered. You can craft an email or active-script webpage to install it.

**good n00b tip, before you start a hack, you make sure you have all the tools you need, nothing like a big time waster than to have to search for a RAT or 'sploit site.

**The switch is also a target, plan two - stop the other groups from hacking.

Beware of the switch blocking ports, a switch can have very strict rules than a router might. You can block MAC, IP, and Ports with a filter. You may have to reassign the trojan port # as they are well known.

3. You have the problem of several groups trying to hack into the same network at the same time. This could make ports or hacks unavailable because someone is using it or screwed it up. Weird bugs or malfuked software pops up because someone else is trying to manipulate the server too.
Learn about the switch as well, and see if you can code it to block out the other groups ; ) If you take over a machine, maybe run a DoS attack from that 0wned server on the other groups to slow 'em down..

The only way you'll get this is by learning about what the network has, and your understanding of how the network works.

Goal: the end game is likely to install a RAT so you 0wnz the server.
Anything else is a waste of time.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

ast05

Post by ast05 »

ok the external attack is done(badly), now we have to do the internal attack where we get an account on a windows station.Can we manipulate files, download anything...?what do you think i should do?thanks anyway man :)