SMAC , mac address spoofer for windows

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

SMAC , mac address spoofer for windows

Post by DNR »

http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac/

Spoofing your laptop mac address can help cover your tracks, this is a wondows based mac spoofer, and I checked it via packet sniffing to confirm the results.

download and try it for 14 days. Now, for a working regkey..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by isapiens »

I was wondering for a long time about whats the point in changing ur mac or ip addresses. From what i figured if you change your ip without notifing your provider they will drop the connection. Is that true? And if yes, does that apply to ip address too. I would have experimented on my own to find the answers, but i am scared to screw up my connection and then i wont be able to ask for your help to fix it cuz i have only my laptop : (

LaBlueGirl
Suckopithicus chickasaurus
Suckopithicus chickasaurus

Post by LaBlueGirl »

isapiens wrote:I was wondering for a long time about whats the point in changing ur mac or ip addresses. From what i figured if you change your ip without notifing your provider they will drop the connection. Is that true? And if yes, does that apply to ip address too. I would have experimented on my own to find the answers, but i am scared to screw up my connection and then i wont be able to ask for your help to fix it cuz i have only my laptop : (
Windows lets you change your MAC address, last I knew of.

Granted, you can change it to whatever you want to (hence it may not be good), it may be "incompatible" or plain just not work:)

Ctrl Panel->Ntwk Connections->rt click on the card you want to change, select properties->General->Configure->Advanced->Property->something with network in it->Value, then type in the new addy.

Check by command prompt, ipconfig/all, reboot.

Bear in mind I haven't been behind a Windows box in a long while, so this may be out of date or slightly incorrect:)
"Hey, Crash!
Ever tried walking with no legs?

It's real slow!"
~Crunch, Crash Bandicoot TTR

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well isapiens, the MAC adress is the physical adress of the network card, so you can only change it on an application level, which means when problems appear you would only have to reboot to get the original MAC adress back.

when you connect to your ISP you either have a private IP adress (like 192.x.x.x or 169.x.x.x) and so become a part of the ISPs private network, or the ISP gives you an IP out of its IP pool once you connect. in both cases your connection will be most likely dropped when changing the IP or MAC while connected because your pair of MAC&IP will not match the info in the ISPs arp-cache any more.....

I don´t know if it´s possible in Windows too, but in Linux/Unix you can setup virtual network cards which means you can switch between different IPs using just one physical network card.

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

you can virtualize a physical network card on a windows machine, heres the download

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

isapiens wrote:I was wondering for a long time about whats the point in changing ur mac or ip addresses.
Very good question !

Let's say that if you change your mac:address:serieal:call:id:identifier:tag
when you only have one on your machine it is pointless or you are doing `things' that i'd call NSFW [Not Safe For Work].

On the other hand, if you have :
a) a couple of machines wired on different routers/LAN-switches, then
changing MAC address can be a way to say "And now something completely different, i want this computer to listen to that modem from now on without having to reboot".
That other modem can use another connecting method, Full-Duplex (LAN), xDSL, whatever and may only accept 'known' ID's. Hence the toggling.

Poster DNR here gave the Windows commands to do that properly.
It works but you have to reboot Windows machines if they are active on an intranet.

b) using virtual MAC allocations to an ethernet/network card :
same as above and what Saint_Bad_Brain said: you exit one connection to pass over / toggle to another connection that offers a complete other service : suddenly , in the rage of furious production, you would want one computer act as a GATEWAY to the printer or 10 printers and handle the qeue and spooling of incomming print-requests. Well, you change the MAC according to which modem/switch/router accepts to be a valiid identifier known as "printing device".
This is hypotetical and i have seen it only in real life once at a LAN-party.
(All on Windows machines, that was fun for all bugs).

C) Most people who have two or three ISP either sit with that problem :
in a hotel somewhere , they plug in their laptop and have no xDSL or broadband anymore and have to switch connection type using a dialup-service (the famous case of WorldCom MCI and Pan-European Communications and the famous Level3 switches and their "hotplug" cards or wire-(less) devices), all that while at the office those same travellers just plug in the laptop and have their usual connection.

So : two options
->two or more network cards or virtual devices that changes the MAC of that same card for different connection services (even with the same ISP, as is the case with British Telecom and .. AT&T)
->One network card with a bunch of configured Network access services : if you want to run them all at the same time, for example a dialup as FAX receiving/responding machine, another for WWW browsing, another to access LDAP servers for Emailing, another doing DNS for other wired computers, another doing the mail delivery, another allocating IP-tables for your wired palls, another doing raw broadcasting or proper routing to audio and video capturing deviices here and there and yet another doing VPN with your colleagues all on that same laptop then you are better off to have your MAC address toggelling for each service. One TCP/IP configuration won't do it all, oh no.
Now some companies, ISProviders and hardware manufacturers offer all that in one. Don't take them for granted : AOL as best example, never made it so far and AT&T had to forget about it to and Microsoft still believes in it..
isapiens wrote:
From what i figured if you change your ip without notifing your provider they will drop the connection. Is that true? (
Of course.
You rent either a fixed IP or a dynamic IP from your ISP. Use it or lose it.
But in my experience, you can toggle from the one to another : in my area, that is big backbone EUNET /RIPE (US<->Europe|RIPE), switched on GANDI -BNIX -OVH and PRSERV (Uk/England) we have mostly dynamic IP-adresses. Depending on the ISP who depend themselves on the network servers of EUNET/BNIX/BELNET/OVH/GANDI (who depend themselves on others across the globe, mostly in the US) we have alease : ISP gives a user an IP-address that expires in an hour/24hours/32hours or depending on the settings, terms and conditions of that ISP.

Fixed IP-addresses in Europe are mostly "acquired" with money. From contacts in the US i know that fixed IP are in the contract of "Internet Access" with an ISProvider.

If you change your IP address, you obviously loose the connection with the ISP at the moment.
That implies two main features :
- if you switch that checkbox in IExplorer on "Obtain IP-address dynamically", wherever you plug in, if your MAC is reckognized as a valid ID (manufacturer, Telecom formalities etc..) then you just have access to another network : typical cases are : you go to a customer/friend and connect your laptop to his intranet.
- if you have opted for a static IP-adres and so told your network card "My IP address is handled at that networkserver from that ISP", in that case, when going to a LAN-party, you might want to change your settings or just give your MAC address a valid identifier according to the server of the party/LAN server where you are at and have a new temporary IP there and enjoy the show.

I hope this post was not too dense :-)

--

FrankB

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

This was very usefull Frank B. Although i didnt understand some stuff, everything else got cleared up a lot. thanks a lot

<sig>Does the sig command work?</sig>

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

533k3r

Post by 533k3r »

so is it necessary to use a mac spoofer when windows allows changing of mac easily?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well 533k3r, using a MAC-spoofer is just more comfy, the effect is the same...you can even write a small batch-file, this would be the most elegant solution imo... :wink: