problem running Netstat (sp2 again?)

Problems? Post here...
CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

problem running Netstat (sp2 again?)

Post by CommonStray »

ok so i load up my command prompt and go to run netstat,i know what its supposed to do, i get an error from windows sayin:

"Command Prompt - netstat
C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

then i get an option to close or ignore, when i choose ignore it just goes back to c:\ prompt and displays nothing.

also this isnt the first time ive had this probem, i had this problem running regedit from "Run" in the start menu....i got around this by going to Windows Directory and finding regedit, and it worked fine

i think this may be an issue with sp2, but any intel is much appreciated

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

ok so heres how i figured out how to fix this little problem

I ran a seach for "netstat" within the windows directory, come to find out i have two system files in System32 named netstat...one is 1kb the other like 37kb or something, i run the 1kb netstat and get the error, i run the other and get the functional netstat tho it closes itself after running.

I delete the 1kb netstat

load my C:\ Prompt and type netstat and woot woot

working again :D

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Hehe...yeah, XP can act very strange in context to filenames, I experienced it too when working with fireworks or dreamweaver. When opening a project, editing it and saving it into the source folder I found 2 files inside the folder with exactly the same name a couple of times... :roll: