Windows Live CD

Problems? Post here...
Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Windows Live CD

Post by Still_Learning »

Is it possible to make a windows live CD or DVD like BT3/ Ubuntu / alot of Linux does , but add all my favorite programs, firefox plugins, bookmarks, settings, ect..? how hard would this be to do? Ive used the basics of nortons ghost if that means anything, how would a person go on to creating such a cd/dvd? thanks
Gone

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I suppose the disk can be copied since there are versions of WinXP online to download, but why store the OS on the disk when you just need folders and drivers etc- just burn a disk with your common folders and apps and install it after you install the OS from its OEM disk.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Not a fan of Windows, but I check out the thread and add in where I can, when I feel like it. I say just use a Linux Live CD, however, if there is such a case where you do need a Windows Live CD (I am not sure when, or why) then you should check out BartPE - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BartPE

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

DNR wrote:I suppose the disk can be copied since there are versions of WinXP online to download, but why store the OS on the disk when you just need folders and drivers etc- just burn a disk with your common folders and apps and install it after you install the OS from its OEM disk.

DNR
I dont think you understand completely what i was saying, or maybe i did not explain it well. You know how you can just load a Live cd say BT3, ubuntu, puppy linux, ect.. from boot?

I am speaking about how do i create a custom windows boot live cd. I am 10x more knowledgable in windows then linux. Im not going to fool myself or pretend to be a 1337 linux dude. I just want to create a boot cd like the linux versions that will run a special version of windows i have and customize it the way i want exactly, keep it under DVD standards for boot , what 8GB?
Gone

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Big-E

Post by maboroshi »

As to what Big-E suggested

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/0 ... ve-cd.html

Google is handy :-)

visser

Post by visser »

ive seen it available for download. Not only a live cd but also a usb windows xp

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

I apologize, I must have missed the Bart PE link, looks like what i need, i will research it more in depth later, thanks guys
Gone