What type of encryption is this?

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!

Keep

yes
No votes
no
No votes

Total votes: 0

Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

What type of encryption is this?

Post by Still_Learning »

Code: Select all

DAADV GQIVU CBLFW MRIPQ ZMCBA YQEIE CDTYO SZSKY UYQEK EUOYV GKIII PBCMS UGIYS DUDHR UYNOI OAOPO ZIPML YQEHR GZYOD KILAQ LTVSU GCXUO AOKAV RHVKX NTQBL AFKSL QPAHK CZOLE ZTRKZ TGDOI UGOON OTEUC HGGSU ANVJA RCHNF ZYORO YLACW AEOKI PDVTJ OAEZD IOZDV PCCZT JSZMK CZIQX
I have no idea, googled for hours, tried many different methods no luck

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

you need other clues, like where did you find this string? Instead of looking for one small peice, you look at the assembly of the peices.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

skip

Post by skip »

At first i thought it was a rot13 encryption. Where did you get this? I think i saw something like that on an old newspaper.
Image Image Image

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

huh, encrypted newspaper what will they think of next!

detail:

ROT13 ("rotate by 13 places", sometimes hyphenated ROT-13) is a simple substitution cipher used in online forums as a means of hiding spoilers, punchlines, puzzle solutions, and offensive materials from the casual glance. ROT13 has been described as the "Usenet equivalent of a magazine printing the answer to a quiz upside down".[1] ROT13 is a variation of the Caesar cipher, developed in ancient Rome.

ROT13 is its own inverse; that is, to undo ROT13, the same algorithm is applied, so the same action can be used for encoding and decoding. The algorithm provides no real cryptographic security and should never be used for such. It is often cited as a canonical example of weak encryption.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROT13

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Nope i dont think it is ROT. i tried decrypting with -13 all the way to rot13, plus think about how it is exactly 5 characters seperated by a space. Allthough what skip said made me think for a second when he mentioned newspaper, maybe it is encrypted like a crossword puzzle, like every 13th letter has a meaning, or each 5 digit group equals 1 letter or number, im doing a cryptology mission on a wargames site and cant figure out what type of encryption this one is

:-k
Gone

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

this looks alot like what the americans and russians used during the coldwar espionage crap.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

I think i may have it cracked soon, i will keep you all updated
Gone