My "wonderful" first day at college.

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My "wonderful" first day at college.

Post by Stavros »

Well, today was supposed to be my first day at college. Guess what happened. I woke up and immediately looked at my cellphone (which also serves as my alarm clock). I saw it was 11:45 AM. My first class (College Algebra) starts at 8:00 AM. I freaked out. I belive I said every word in the book. I proceeded to chew out my brother who was on my computer which he counter with he had just gotten up not 5 minutes before me. My grandparents were not home so I called my grandmother and asked her why she didn't wake me up and she said she thought it was next week I started college. I was histerical.

After another flurry of curse words after I hung up. I called mom. She calmed me down and told me to get a shower and go get my assignments. I had to wait around until 1 PM to get my assignments.

Homework took too fucking long. I got home around 2 PM and started reading my Western Civilization book and it took at least four hours to read 2 chapters. College Algebra wasn't too hard, but had I been in class it would have taken half the time.

Before I got home my dad had told my grandmother that he was so excited to ask me how college had went, then he had to leave to see something about work. Well, I had gotten home before he did and when he walked in he said he was sorry. My immediate reaction was, "Did mom tell you?" He said yes and then told me that Memaw (what I call my grandmother) and my brother didn't say anything when he said he wanted to see how college had went for me.

I was so scared when I heard him drive up. I'm gald he didn't bitch at me. He told me, "Shit like this is going to happen. You just gotta pick yourself up and get on with it."

We all got a good laugh and I set my cellphone to wake me up at 6 AM. Live and learn, I guess.

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

It use to happen to me ... bleh IT SUCKS.

From the past I have learn that when there is something important, you need 2 alarm clock, one would be near you so you can turn it off and get-up and the other one is juste in case you turn-off your first alarm clock and then sleep back... you need to put something like 2min of interval and put the second alarm clock far from you( somewhere you need to stand up to stop it)

:)
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

LaBlueGirl
Suckopithicus chickasaurus
Suckopithicus chickasaurus

Re: My "wonderful" first day at college.

Post by LaBlueGirl »

shitty way to begin, huh :)

One of the redeeming features of college is flexibility.
You are your own boss, so if you miss classes you won't be penalized (unless it is too many) and *you* are responsible for your own education.
No more teachers writing you up. No hall monitors. No suspensions or detentions.

After the first few days, I had all my prof's email addresses and stuck to the syllabus when I was late, overslept or absent completely.

If you begin (and maintain) communication with your professors, they are usually more lenient with you when it counts (extra credit, make-ups and the extra point or two to make the 'A').

Don't sweat your first day. Hell, I had a lot of trouble remembering the start dates of most of my classes :lol: I missed more than a handful in 5 yrs of higher edu :)

As long as you stay on top your work, it shouldn't be a problem.

I bought a cheap 5 buck alarm clock, only told time and scared the crap outta me in the morning:)

Better luck next time :lol:
"Hey, Crash!
Ever tried walking with no legs?

It's real slow!"
~Crunch, Crash Bandicoot TTR

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

routine

Post by DNR »

My college years were the best - I picked what I wanted to study, and it was a good excuse not to have a real job.

I found that I liked to wake up early in the am to study or do homework before school. My mind was waking, and it was quiet. Listening to music in the background is cool too. No TV. I couldn't study later in the day, I would be too busy thinking about events going on and be distracted.

Find your sweet time for study and make it a regular routine. Your body will learn to use that time to focus on learning.

Build your library. If you know what major you want to take, start building a professional library, get teacher's guides, get training manuals, steal them if you have to. When I was taking Managewise 2.6 for Novell, besides the simple textbook (more like an install guide, with online help) I ordered a book from Amazon.com that covered Managewise from top to bottom. I smoked my other classmates and set the grading curve so high..

Your hacking personality will make you a great student. But, you need discipline (lazy ass). Once you setup a routine where you always study and do homework, other things will be easier.

Be true to yourself. And don't get caught hacking the school network.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.