Must have app!

Don´t be shy, Linux is fun! =)
computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Must have app!

Post by computathug »

A neat little app to have running is conky.

screenshot

easy to install and use with

Code: Select all

apt-get install conky
then to use run as root user. :wink:

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

You should embed it into your desktop, that way it`s not a in a separate window.

I am working on getting Debian set up with the Awesome Window Manager.

Code: Select all

http://awesome.naquadah.org/

I got my dual monitor set up, and I am already saving up for two new monitors, I want to do 4 x 22" LCD working on two different systems via synergy. Two of them, my linux system running debian with Awesome WM, and my other two set up with Windows. That way, I have a nice array of Monitors and one keyboard to control the whole shebang. I already have the cash, but the monitor I have invested in seems to drop once a month about $40 so I am waiting for it to drop even more. I am thinking around Easter it should drop again. I can wait until then. I might even go as far as setting up a KVM with two of the systems, and control my server, and two main systems with one keyboard.

EDIT: If you actually go on the awesome website, you will see somewhat what I want to set up..

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

conky can be embedded into the desktop, that's no problem...but personally I experience some problems when doing so:
- when using single buffer (default) the it flickers when the data is refreshed
- when using double buffer (conky -b) there is no flickering anymore but sometimes the desktop icons are gone, seems there is a conflict with Compiz then....