changing heads :D

All about graphics, sounds, etc...
zigo
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

changing heads :D

Post by zigo »

Changing Heads

Changing someone's head from one photograph to the body of another photograph can be a lot of fun. It's such a popular technique that you sometimes even see businesses in malls and shopping centers charging money to take someone's head and put it on a body builder or a swimsuit model. In this tutorial, we'll save you the money of having to pay for that. We'll walk you through the steps of taking yours or someone else's photo and putting it on another person's body.

Step-by-Step Instructions:

1. Open the two photos that you will be using to swap heads. For the simplicity of this tutorial, we'll refer to the two photos as follow:

Body Photo: One photo that has the body you want to replace with a new head.
Face Photo: The photo that has the face/head that you want to swap onto the Body Photo.

2. With the "Face Photo" selected, use the Lasso tool and draw a selection around the head.

3. Click CTRL+C to copy the head.

4. Paste the head onto the "Body Photo" by clicking CTRL+V.

5. Click CTRL+T to go into Tranform mode. Move and resize the head to fit proportionately over the body.

6. Make sure the layer with the "new head" is active. Select the eraser tool and begin erasing the surrounding background around the "new head".

7. Select the Clone Stamp Tool.

8. If you see in the image below, notice how the ear from the "old head" is showing from the layer beneath the "new head". We need to get rid of this. So select the layer with the "old head" and begin to clone stamp out the areas of the "old head" underneath so that only the "new head" is visible.

9. Goto Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation and adjust the saturation sliders. Do this for both layers so that both images match better. If the brightness levels of both photos are drastically different, then goto Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast and adjust the levels of the two layers so that they match better.

tHIS IS WHERE I LEARNED TO CHANGE EHADS AND THIS TUTORIAL IS PERFECT I LEARNED IT IN 5 MIN LOL Here is the full tutrial
http://www.pslover.com/click/7099

Have fun changing heads lol .

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Good job, i'll make some fun with friend when ill get the time ;)
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

H4evr
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by H4evr »

lol Check this one:
http://img355.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... tas3zf.jpg

Try to guess whose body is this.

LaBlueGirl
Suckopithicus chickasaurus
Suckopithicus chickasaurus

Post by LaBlueGirl »

Using the GIMP, I also utilize shearing, perspective and one other one (I forget) to make sure it *matches*.

On simple facing-forward head swaps, it is pretty easy.

Except I like to use Bezier curves.
See, if you scale the images appropriately, the sizes will match really well.
You can also measure the two heads to scale it easier.
I use Bezier curves to cut then paste. I don't anchor the selection until the angle/perspective and size match as best they can.

Also using the color-picker (airbrush tool, too) helps me blend neck and head colors.

Working with semi-transparent layers is good for this, so the coloring isn't too painted on. But that is especially useful if you have a larger area to color.

Overall, good tut!
"Hey, Crash!
Ever tried walking with no legs?

It's real slow!"
~Crunch, Crash Bandicoot TTR

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

LaBlueGirl wrote:Using the GIMP
Overall, good tut!
I think you are pretty ready for writing your own GIMP tutorial here :-)

--
FrankB, PhD in Sucko'logistics.
dep. of n00biology, block 5³,
floor -9, hal HAL2600, door 3.14