Wall-Plug Computer

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Wall-Plug Computer

Post by DNR »

http://www.marvell.com/products/embedde ... mputer.jsp

This little wall plug is actually a full computer with 1.2GHz cpu, with 512MB of RAM and 512MB of of flash memory. It comes with versions of linux, ported for its ARM processor. At $50, this cool system could be finding itself in a lot of home. The idea behind this - is the wall plug is the processor to connect wifi AP, External HDDs, I/O devices all together.

--
ref:
http://www.marvell.com/files/products/e ... 02_WEB.pdf

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Yeah I seen that on killer start ups - cool idea, I could find some uses for in a plethora of locations. Could be used as a very nice WiFi Repeater with a few mods, I am sure.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

This blackbox opens a possiblity of a man-in-the-middle sniffing attacks. Something that can be built the size of a 12oz can of pop and spliced into a network cable. You can sniff for user/pass or CC/banking transactions, but with a small PC built in, you can also make the computer inject commands into the network traffic.

I would take that wall PC apart, add a cord to it, add devices like a wifi antenna, and splice it onto a network cable, say on the back of a ATM cash machine or other dedicated line for CC transactions. Or try the mission impossible - connect it to a CCTV cable and get the PC to play back video while something else goes on real-time..

ah to dream..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.