WTF!!! helps

Problems? Post here...
nightkid
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

WTF!!! helps

Post by nightkid »

i got a copy of windows 7 that never expires. i installed it and i love it..better than vista.. i used it for about a hour and it stopped recognizing my keyboard!!!!
i thought i killed out something on the motherboard but if i barley pull the keyboard plug in and out the lights blink on and off so it's doing something. i tried a usb keyboard, it wont recognize...
any suggestions?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Bad crack maybe? I know photoshop does something similar if you don't crack it properly. Other than that, try going into the control panel and see if you can't find something there.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Re: WTF!!! helps

Post by floodhound2 »

nightkid wrote:i got a copy of windows 7 that never expires.
Perhaps this is in itself problem.

An original copy of 7 will expire. :wink: There is a slight possibility the stomped on copy you have is showing its true colors.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Well, you could try a reinstall and do this test:

Have the computer disconnected from the internet -physically.

do a clean install with a format.

Install Process Explorer and place in the Start Up folder.

watch for wuauclt.exe this is the 'phone home' BITS program that I had talked about in another thread. People say even if you select disable, it still runs. Some people said they have deleted this file with ok results - as long as you never want to update your XP OS.

I would check out the box for processes after getting rid of wuauclt.exe, and see if you have sucessfully killed the 'phone home' capability of that install. Do cold re-boots and re-check, use the process explorer - then use a firewall to kill any outgoing connections - you do all this while physically disconnected from the internet - error messages from no connections can help you find holes.

after all that, if everthing is running copacetic - plug it in to the internet and monitor...

You should write down what you did, you can provide a short tutorial on how you got this version of OS and if you sucessfully ran it on the internet..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

juice

hmm

Post by juice »

yea windows 7 has vista beat but it still dislike it

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

This topic is almost a month old...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...