computer display on your television

Computer Hardware and electronics in general.
mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

computer display on your television

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

TV connection

Post by lilrofl »

That depends on what connections you have available, that you're TV and computer have in common... HDMI ports are becoming more and more common these days, but if you have a TV out card then of course you could use coax. They make VGA plugs that are for computer to TV display in various lengths, but if your TV doesn't have a VGA in then your out of luck for that end.

I've used all three of the above methods at various times so more information is needed I guess.

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Simple

Post by lilrofl »

The easiest way that I can think of if your computer and monitor do not share a common connector is to purchase a VGA to RCA cable. They run about $1.25/ft and come in most common lengths including 25 ft.

With this cable you would connect your VGA out to your RCA in on the TV... your video card has to have some TV out function though (consult your card specifics)

If you don't have the TV out function however, all is not lost as the image will still show on the screen, you will just need another adapter for sound.

Hope this helps a bit =)

EDIT:
They also make VGA to Svideo adapters for liike 2 bucks... so if you have an svideo in on your TV this might be a more affordable option

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

If the tv is fairly new model it will have a vga connection or a DVi connection. You can also buy a vga to dvi connector. As lilrofl says these come in all lengths too so you dont need to sit the computer next to the tv if your not using a laptop. You can also link it to a projector to for big screen viewing. Ideal for when you have a few friends round for an evening of sports xD
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by visser »

if its a compaq itll most def have th estandard blue VGA out on it and your phillips should have the blue VGA in. On my HP i use an HDMI cable because that is what i have readily available. Look at your TV and tell us what connections that you have available.

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
God is the greatest.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, well, then I would go for HDMI, I checked the Compaq site and it seems all their new notebooks have HDMI ports.. :wink: