total noob here <--

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
timechange01

total noob here <--

Post by timechange01 »

sup everybody. ok the problem im having is im trying to brute force:

http://possesedclan.proboards43.com/index.cgi

and trying to delete the entire board to eliminate competition. Now im very new to the brute forcing scene but my friend is an expert but hes always busy and told me to come here.

so anyways how would i go about brute forcing the password to that proboards forum. I know the username is "admin". and please speak in noob term i dont know much about definition files and crap.

thank you :)

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

Ok, If I may ask(And yes, I may), why do you want to delete their whole forum?...

Revenge?
Fun?
Experiment?
First time into the hacking scene and wanna do something "malicious"?
Wanna be l337? :lol:

I decided not to put you in the hall of lame...since I'm sure many have been tempted to do the same thing...probably for one or more of the reasons above.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

timechange01

Post by timechange01 »

ok explanation real quick.

i run a mohaa clan. i have been running it since august 2003. I started a forum on September 2003. Weve had many posts and stuff. A nice fun clan.

about April of 2005, this new clan called possesed shows up and actually steals many of my members and former members. Now 1 former member for example was like our brother even after he left he always posted and stuff. suddenly he dissapears in like june into another forum and now im hearing he hates our clan, the clan that gave him 100 asset on our permanent former memebrs list. and hes still up on the list as the most valuable former member.

so anyways i dont wanna argue because argueing makes you look liek a fool. but the leader of possesed keeps talking trash even in MY OWN forum but i can't say anything because i just dont want to get into an arguement. so a few days ago was our clan's 2 yea anniversary, and everybody in my forum was posting o nice job 2 years!! or whatever but that lame possesed leader comes into my forum and posts "my clan is only 1 years hope we dont turn into fags like your clan".

oh and by the way did i mention, the leader of possesed (element) also tried to join our clan about a year ago but we didnt want to recruit him because he wasnt clan material but it wasnt like "no we dont want you". basically our recruitment is we keep you on a list and your status progresses. If your status reaches 100% then you are our clan member. Status is basially on our site we have a applicants pending list and only i can increase teh status of the applicants. and so he never got in because his status never passed 35% so after like 3 months he figured he wasnt getting in. so now that he has a forum and clan hes deciding to attack in hopes that we finally close which will not happen.

Our forum is the only thing that keeps our clan alive. and possesed hates us for our forum.

So revenge? well not really. the purpose is to get my former members posting on my forum again. it will definitely not be public like fs clan was here or anything its gonna be more like what happened oh well you guys are still welcome in our forum.

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

Sounds like there's alot of history in this situation..
Sorry to generalize this whole thing like this..but you want to destroy their forums in hopes that people will be like "Damn, Our forums are gone..but there's always the old clan.."(<<in my own words of course)...you welcome them back and everyone's happy..

I have NO experience with online clans, so I couldn't help you with a decision advice.
Now, as for Bruteforcing, well...I'm sorry to say that I haven't gone deep into that yet, and only have general knowledge of it.
Perhaps others will join in on this thread. ;)

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

heres what you should do:

ban shit talkers IP's from using your forum

get some real close clan members and register in their forums as spys under alias's

have a clan war and whoop the shit out of them

the owner of this possesed clan is a 16yr old kid who prolly doesnt have a brain and doesnt have anything else except his clan and forum

he also has a hotmail account

proboards uses PHP and MySQL i think

:twisted:

g1m1cs

Post by g1m1cs »

Is there any kinda forum flooders????like i wanna get my post really high in a certain forum anybody?????

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

CircuitB0mB wrote:heres what you should do:

ban shit talkers IP's from using your forum

get some real close clan members and register in their forums as spys under alias's

have a clan war and whoop the shit out of them

the owner of this possesed clan is a 16yr old kid who prolly doesnt have a brain and doesnt have anything else except his clan and forum

he also has a hotmail account

proboards uses PHP and MySQL i think

:twisted:
W00t!

timechange01

Post by timechange01 »

Banning their Ips won't really help because itl kind of show that my clan are bunch of pussies and cant deal with a problem arguement so we banned because we have no knowledge or a good counter arguement prepared.

Also dont want to ban because that will decrease our average posts per day.

And dont want to send spies to their forum because that will increase their post count and/or their number of members.

The whole point of this is post count and number of different members who post. At the rate of average posts per day in posessed forum, it would take them about 3 years to catch up. But their number of different posters is about double of what I have. The number of diferent posters in our forum has gotten extremely small however we can still keep up with their average posts per day if each of our posters post many posts.

The problem in our forum is that its the same poeple posting.
Last edited by timechange01 on 29 Aug 2005, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

timechange01 wrote:Banning their Ips won't really help because itl kind of show that my clan are bunch of pussies and cant deal with a problem arguement so we banned because we have no knowledge or a good counter arguement prepared.

Also dont want to ban because that will decrease our average posts per day.

And dont want to send spies to their forum because that will increase their post count and/or their number of members.

Well, I'm not condoning any illegal activity(No Staff member at suck-o.com EVER will)...but there's always the option of getting members of your clan and attacking. There are other ways of attacking than bruteforcing, as Circuit also pointed out.

timechange01

Post by timechange01 »

Now theres also a problem. None of my members know about this. Right now I am breaking so many of my own clan regulations by attemping to take down another clan's forum that if anybody found out about this, our clan's repuation is history.

Yes I am the leader and I know its wrong to break my own regulations which I wrote myself and strictly enforce them but I must do this in order secure the future of our forum.

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

You're right, that does pose a problem. Well, keeping stuff from your own members is about as underground as it gets lol.
I wouldn't know how to respond to this..because, you see, this is exactly what the government does. They go against their own rules they gave to us and tells us it's for "our own good". Now, we're left wanting to decide for ourselves what's "for our own good".

Find your most trusted clan-members and discuss it with them. This does, indeed, sound like an inside matter..that should probably be kept from the whole clan public, but not from the main guys there(this, too, sounds like our government..but h3ll,I guess everything can be seen politically).

Main point...you need a clan council. At Suck-O, we call it staff(as does hundreds of other forums :lol: )
as in..mods, admins, and teh great l337 creater, Bad_brain :D ...

Getting my point?..because I understand I may not be very easy to understand. lol

P.s. You're right in not showing your anger at them...it's hard as hell..but it shows maturity and makes them look like foolish children in comparison ;)

timechange01

Post by timechange01 »

The furthest I go in an arguement is have some close clan members but most importantly people who are not in my clan, I make them sometimes post what I want them to say in order to support or push a discussion or arguement in the exact way I want it to. Because a 3rd party opinion always matters more.

Oh and about the clan council, I also have this other thing where I like to give my members the FEEL of control and input but honestly I control every little thing. If I see that their plan or idea is bad I deny it a way that doesn't make me look like a tyrant. I like it when they come up with new ideas and plans but I like it even more when those ideas are bad.

For example, a while ago a former member came up with making applicants wear clan tags in order to recognize them in servers but I don't want that to happen because the second those applicants do something idiotic, my clan's reputation will get lowered as everybody will see those noobs applied for our clan. Their opinions matter rarely when they create a big scene in the forum and its hard to counter it. But the important thing is to make my members feel like they have control when technically I control everything.

Once, I had made a two way decision. In 2 years weve only had 5 clan battles. We would have had a lot more if it werent for me. I created our clan's rule book and it states:

"This Clan shall take no part in cheating. This Clan shall not be associated and is to be totally isolated from cheaters and/or cheating clans."

A member of a clan that challenged us had been caught cheating and was placed on the wall of shame at the beginning of our existence. So now everybody is bitching at me for not removing him because it was a year ago from the challenge and they believed he no longer cheated or whatever.

There was no way I wanted to remove that guy no matter how I felt about him. But deep down I didn't like him. So in compromise I had to propose a new regulation:

"Article 5: Section 3 – Any persons who have been convicted of cheating and/or hacking, shall have a 30 day consensus in This Clan Forum, in which he/she is required to have 5 unassigned This Clan Members and 5 other persons, clearing his/her name by stating that he/she does not hack/cheat. If name of accused player is cleared within 30 days, player shall no have no consequences.

All convicted persons shall have 1 consensus. If hacker/cheater is convicted an additional time after the verdict has been reached that he/she does not hack/cheat, player shall have his/her IP Address and name listed on The Wall Of Shame permanently, and shall never have any association to This Clan under any circumstances."

^Was the only time when my clan members won in decision making. And so during the trial in our forum the last vote which got him removed from the wall of shame was mine. I had to vote remove him in order to still have the heart and trust of the people.

And one more thing I forgot to add, I have an undercover username in our forum. A username which nobody ever had any contact with whatsover but the usernames been around for so long people actually "know" this person. The undercover username I use to increase average posts per day and most importantly defend my clan and support arguements as a 3rd party member. I also use the undercover username to get "down & dirty" with every arguement and so nobody looks like a fool except the undercover screenname but fortunately I won so many crucial arguements that people respect this "person's" opinions.

PS lol nobody knows about any of this especially our members. They just enjoy the ride while I work my ass off trying to win every single arguement that comes up with valid evidence.

Some of the arguement I won so perfectly in the past, I sometimes wish that my real username could have gotten all the praise and credit.

timechange01

Post by timechange01 »

Our rival from the beginning (September 2003) closed down and dissapeared in October 2003 because of one arguement. That was my very last crucial arguement with my real username and I decided that I need a 3rd party opinion. I figured out they quit because of one argeuemtn because one of their loyal members posted in our forum:

"ight here it is straight up, I just found that my clan quit cuz of this shizzle said in here."

So then after that our rival was this other clan which also started the same time we did but the image of it was that they were our closest friends. That clan closed down last month because one of their own members had deleted their entire forum. At the rate of average posts per day they were gettin, they would have caught up to us by the end of this year.

Making that clan look bad wasnt easy. The member that deleted their board was this person who tried to get into my clan with an undercover name but was caught at the last second (thank god) when I realized IPs (long story). I turned it into a very big deal by banning that person (justified). And so after about 2 weeks, that same person deleted his own clan's forum. And so now you cant blame me at all for banning that person so they felt like such retards that they closed the clan. And when a clan closes no matter how much you hate them, its necessary to show respect in order to maintain a good reputation. So I had to seem sad or whatever but honestly I was jumping with joy because all competition had been eliminated.

The history of my clan would take about 60 whole minutes to explain such events like when I don't like one of my members I simply cannot kick them without a valid explanation. But somehow with very intesnse arguements with my undercover username I make them forfeit the clan.

Lol thats as evil as it gets except not really.....One time there was this one clan. In the beginning of our existense we had 2 clan leaders, me and another person. Everybody thought it was a great idea to have 2 leaders but I only did it boost our image on how fair we are. But he was never around because he was having family problems so he was gone november 2003 to like march 2004. During that time basically I was the full clan leader although I don't like to call myself a "clan leader" in public because it doesn't look good. So anyways on April 1st I did an april fools joke where I pretended that I closed my clan.......

long as hell story short.......my former 1/2 leader started a new clanclan on april 1st and then one of my memebrs (martin) joined that clan because they made him the new clan leader. In June 2004, martin was caught using door hacks which brought their reputation down. And then about a month later THAT clan turned on us and started criticising and talking trash (its not as simple as it sounds theres a lot more to this story). Anyways that clan was consired the ultimate 1.00 cheat police clan. They created a tool for server admins. It was the most exclusive tool. The tool was the best because with one click of a button you can ban a certain weapon raise gravity for the server etc. and it was also an anti-cheat.

Now there was 2 versions of that tool, the public version and the private version :twisted: . So everybody used the public version except only the leader of that clan. And I forsome reason HAD TO just had to have that file on my comp even though I wasn't going to use it. On their clan website, they had a private downlaods section and none of my members knew the password so I pretended like damn forget it. I then got a hacker to hack that password and so I got in one day but I didnt find the tool I wanted however; there was hacking/cheating tools in their private downlaods section ( :D JACKPOT :D ). Took some screenshots of the stuff and had all the evidence in the world to bring their clan down to shreds. But unfortunately I never got to use all the evidence because they just closed the clan and dissapeared.

Its such a long story it would take pages and pages to explain and I don't think people will read it lol. Our clan communities are not like clans in most games. Its all about the clan image and publicity (my philosophy).
Last edited by timechange01 on 29 Aug 2005, 09:13, edited 1 time in total.

timechange01

Post by timechange01 »

Lol wow feels good to get some stuf off my chest. Only person that knows about all this is a close friend of mine in my speech class. And also my best friend (since 6 years) is our ultimate enemy. Lol very long story took 45 minutes to explain the events from August 2003 to April 2004.

So back to brute forcing, can anybody help me bruteforce a proboards forum?