Computer that wont fully shut off

Stuff that don´t fit in the other categories.
visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Computer that wont fully shut off

Post by visser »

So I have this computer that i am trying to fix. I take a look at it and its pretty clean and runs smooth. The only prob is that when it goes to shut down windows compltly closes and shuts off the screen goes black but the POS is still on and just sits there doing nothing. I dont know if its hardware or windows thats doing this, when i hold down the poweroff witch it shuts down. then when i turn it back on windows doesnt say anything about an improper shutdown or anything.... its wierd... any tips?

thanks yall

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Hey visser, out of curiosity how old is the hardware thats installed? Is this a fairly modern pc or is it a few years old now. I remember this happening when i repaired a pc once, it would have been a couple of years ago now but the pc had originally been installed with windows 98 and i upgraded it to XP.

A bit more information on the pc itself would be a help :wink:
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

skip

Post by skip »

Try using a live cd to test the hardware prolly puppy or knoppix that can run on old machines or maybe the OS is corrupt and needs a reinstallation. just a thought. :D
Image Image Image

visser

Post by visser »

its hardware issues. its a really old computer lol thanks guys but i got it figured out. mobo went badddd