Hey. I got keylogged.

For beginners, flames not allowed...(just by the staff :P)
n0thing

Hey. I got keylogged.

Post by n0thing »

Hey guys. I am new here. My name is Zack, aka n0thing.

We'll heres the low down. I got my steam account hijacked. I wanna eff someone up now. So I was just doing an overview of my processes. I came over this process called "bl.exe". So I did my research and came to a site. It said
BlackLog is a commercial computer surveillance program that tracks user activity, logs keystrokes, captures online chat conversations and records web sites visited. Gathered data is stored locally on the compromised computer. BlackLog must be manually installed.
So I just found the file in my system32 folder. I used a program called "Killbox" and deleted it. Now I hope this is the end of it. Can anybody get me some insite on this? It says
BlackLog must be manually installed
I never installed it. Could it have been disguised? How will I know if it is all gone? I am well secured by the way. I have Kaspersky 2009 Internet Security, Agnitum Outpost Firewall, and Spyware Doctor. Thanks so much guys. By the way, Nice site!

Zack
"n0thing"

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Well, yeah, it can have been installed with the help of a trojan, and maybe modified to keep it stealthy. If there isn't any way for "BlackLog" to send the stuff remotely, then you might want to check for other stuff on the computer, you might have a RAT on it, which brings up the possibility of someone controlling your computer remotely and installing the "BlackLog" tool. But, it might be someone you know as well, someone who has access to your computer.

And just because you have an Anti Virus, firewall and anti spyware, doesn't mean you should let your guard down, because, you are never fully secure ... evidently ;)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"