What's the fuckin' deal?

Our very own fight club!
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

What's the fuckin' deal?

Post by Gogeta70 »

What's the fuckin deal with people these days?

Many of you know that the economy here is pretty bad and it is difficult to find a job. After quite a while of searching, i finally came across one with decent pay. The job was simple: Go around to abandoned houses and clean out all the trash and then clean the house (sweep, vacuum, dust, etc.). When i first joined the crew there was a guy that i didn't really see eye-to-eye with, and he didn't really like me much either. For the most part, we left each other alone, speaking only when necessary. Well it seems that he went behind my back every day and told the boss that i was standing around doing nothing most of the time while everyone else was cleaning. And guess what? Today i get a call from my boss after coming home from work. He tells me "There are several complaints from the crew that says you're just standing around while everyone is working. I'm going to have to let you go. Sorry." ...

What a fucking dick this guy is. I'm usually in the basement (always the hardest/worse part of an abandoned house to clean up) working my ass off, drenched in sweat, while he's sweeping a fucking carpet because he can't use a fucking vacuum.

I swear to god if i ever meet a moron of equal or greater caliber, i will fucking choke him with a broom.

</rant>

P.S. I guess that wasn't really a rant, it was more of just a frustrated spewing of words.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I think a couple of us have similar stories - bad politics and bad people in position to wrongly influence others about ourselves. I have never found a job where I didn't have to play politics (dirty or not) to keep my status quo at work.
Sometimes it don't work. But I can tell you it was good to break off from losers that prejudge people and look for another opportunitity.
Remember - you are not the problem - they are.

Shoot and Scoot.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

A very similar story:

My mother, whom is dear to me, has worked for the school district for 22 years and recently got a new boss who has made it a personal mission to get her fired. It's sad, especially so close to retirement, but she got her 30 days notice this weekend. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to lose your job because someone above you, or behind you has some sort of personal grudge that may or may not be work related. I propose a national, if not global solution.

Privatize capitol punishment... maybe not all the time, just once a month... and only with a properly procured license from the Department of Fish and Game.

Seriously though, I'm sorry that your life got affected by this kind of social terrorism... I'd never suggest breaking his teeth off at the gums... but I'd understand XD

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

The thing is - this is the reality. Society has changed, shitty politically (in)correct games, and double standards. There is no more honor, there will be no such thing as someone working to retirement in a company for 30 years (they'll replace you for cheaper)
I try to be as invisible as possible, the best thing is not to get involved in it. I tried to work for simple bosses like my old construction boss, he had a bad temper - but what he got mad at was simple and easy to understand (fucking up at work). What I keep getting killed with is paper-pushers that couldn't kill bad breathe, plays a power trip on me - just for kicks or show of power. I really couldn't careless about their powertrips, but I hate it when they get me involved. Working in large hospital with many uptight paper-tigers just gave them too many opportunities to poke at me.

I just want to go back to school and hide in the computer lab, under the protection of a high ranking professor.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I hated working for the guy anyway. The boss is such a dick too. My friend, who still works for him told me that another guy is quitting because the boss is shorting him $5.00 an hour (he's supposed to be getting $20.00 an hour because he hauls around a trailor all day), so he's losing money on all the gas he has to pay for. My friend told me that when that guy quits, he and another guy are quitting too because they no longer have a ride to work. That leaves boss-man with only two workers.

Damn, he fucked up.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

hehe - yea, I think what goes around comes around.
I have done all kinds of things to get back at some people - its never worth the time. When you follow up on those that dis'ed you, you'll find they miss you and their life never changed from the chaos.

DNR
-