A Friendly Misunderstanding

...let us know what you think, free speech!
DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

A Friendly Misunderstanding

Post by DrVirus »

Last night was quite eventful. A lot of things happened. At times I felt over whelmed. But then a couple of realization and couple of broken strings and a lot of emotions later I think I want to write it all down.

Like I have wrote before I don't have a lot of friends. As I have trust and anti social issues. (In this text by friends I strictly mean the ones I know physically. I ones I've met. The ones I can communicate outside of a computer. ) But I never said exactly how many. The number was before today 2.

One of them was a girl. I've known her for a long time. And she was completely different than I am. And I mean Sun and Moon different. I always knew she couldn't or wouldn't understand what I say what I do or what I like. And it was fine by me. I pretended just to be in the company. At times it was cute. But recently it was becoming suffocating. I for some reason couldn't make my myself like the things she did or say. The distance was growing and I knew it was only a matter of time.

But then just last night she called. Gave me a lot of angry ranting about how I made her look bad. And never let me mouth a word and hung up. Since she was online I literally begged to know what the hell happened. You see there is this social networking site called orkut. They have this feature. you can send scraps. They are like pm but all you friends can read too. She read one side of a conversation in my scrapbook (think about only reading the pms u get but not the ones u sent) which had the mention of her. And the person talking about her was angry at her. He believed that I poisoned that mind.

I was shell shocked. I wrote to the third person that if I did so it was unintentional. Then I kicked both of them out of my profile, turned off my cell phone and got really angry. :) . This morning. She tried to call and send me messages. Saying oh how sorry she was. It was a mistake and she admits it's her. And all she wants is to talk for once. I picked up. Out of her 'apology' all I could get was, she isn't sorry about saying those things because they are resulting in this. She is sorry about saying those things in the fear of what I'm going to tell the world about her. She's sorry cause it may harm her image ! Oh what the world will think !

I laughed through my other cheek. Told her that I will not say bad things about her (Honestly who will listen to a paranoid computer nut even if I do ?). And told her we were done. So now my friend quota is down to 1. And I thought might as well do a count down.

I don't know why I wrote all this. U people have no idea what I'm talking about. :D I guess I'm still so shocked. At myself. And my own idiotic choice. I should have backed out long ago. Anyway. Hopefully u guys had some good laugh. :D

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

well, first of all, I have never read some thing like that before... :lol:
now to come to your issue, you first mistake was that you begged her on that social networking site, you could have simply let the thing go, and since its her mistake she has to come and apologize to you.
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Forget that crazy nasty bitch. As you said, all this time you were playing along - barely tolerating her attitude and likes. Now, you can move on.

Remember your 'body count' can go up at anytime.

I know my life is happier and for the better when I only surround myself with people I do like, people I can trust. I don't have to pretend or fake smiles.

I had a best friend through high school, we were punk rockers, we shot together (probably over 150,000 rounds of various pistol, shotgun and rifle - it was mad!), we had some of the same jobs, but we were different.
I guess over the years, jobs, marriage, and no time took its toll. I would like to think that any day I can go see him it would be like yesterday's meeting. But he didn't think that way, so it didn't work out.

I don't think you need friends that lie, or front you. While you are busy trying to manage a fucked up relationship - another possible friend was waiting for you to say "hi".

BTW, a little disappointed that your body count did not include your mates on suck-o - real life friend count should be something like 5+ :wink:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

yorki_boy
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by yorki_boy »

Hmm DrVirus you know i'm having the same problem
BUT when someone dont care about you ,you dont have to give much care about him too ,just let her go away
i did that with the only gf i had and the most one i loved coz she didnt simply apologize ,although i felt lonely after that but i'm happy and i can enjoy my life ,and live the way i want
but soon your friend will know your value ,and will kiss your hands to become friends again

actually i wrote a blog about that ,but i'm shy to publish that on suck-o coz its a web security & hacking site not a place to express my feelings ,my sadness my anger ,or thats what i thought ...

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

this is what you thought yorki boy. This is why there is a general discussion / off topic forum... its because here we live in a community, I keep on saying that the suck-o community is one of its kind, no other computer security community is like this one. I my self have visited many other sites, and one thing for sure, on other sites you are only a number, where as here you are a person.
So its fine if you express what you think, and how you feel, we are her for supporting each other where ever the chance allows.
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

leetnigga

Post by leetnigga »

Classic non-apology apology. Good job not falling for it!

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

WoW ! I certainly didn't expect so many responses and I actually believed I scored something unique. Had no idea you people have faced it before. Thanks for the responses. Yes, I'm moving on. Leaving all that behind. The only regret from this incident I will have is not being able to predict it. I usually have good head for all this. I guess my emotions messed up the logical part of my brain. Compromised my judgement.

@yorkiboy :

Bro in suck-o we are more of a do what you like guys. We do not inforce model. That you have to be like this. You have talk about this. You have to like this and this movie. It's different. Free speech bro. Bare your heart. That's what we are all about. Am I right rest of suck-oans ??

visser

Post by visser »

well if you look at what is says in the description of general discussion off topic it flat out says "free speech" lol

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeup....of course we are all computer freaks, but life is not only about computers. suck-o is about the people that populate it, not just about computers... :)

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

I know the feeling of best-friendships just withering away. It seems to happen when one part changes in a way or another. I think of it like this: Everyone has a number of traits, that includes everything (socializing, hobbies, attitudes, nationality, etc etc) about you. You're usually able to make friends with people who's got similar traits. The most common trait is obviously being social and that's what makes the majority have a lot of friends (although they aren't what I would classify as friends in most cases), they simply like talking. For those who does not have this social-trait (or just very little), making friends is harder, because you have to find those rare ones similar to yourself.

When I look back I can clearly see how relationships (note that this includes people I haven't met IRL) died and new were formed whenever I changed my focus. The first time I became a hardcore Guild Wars player, I lost some social friends and gained GW-friends (mainly offline, but I also met very cool ppl in the game). Then last year I abandoned the gaming side of me and focused on computers, and this year I focused even more, and I started to feel how friendships died again.

I used to think that it sucked, but then I realized that there's no point in keeping dead friendships alive. so yeah that's my experiences in this I suppose :D