Service pack 2

Problems? Post here...
zigo
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Service pack 2

Post by zigo »

hello guys i have this prob it's driving me crazy im trying to download service pack 2 now when i try instaling in the midlle of the instalation it gives me and error it's access denied and i have the choice to press Ok klol when i do this the intalation is aborted and the update is not applied so have u got an idea how i can fix this prob .

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812937

http://www.jsifaq.com/subQ/TIP8300/rh8362.htm

First entries in GoOoogle with keywords "Service Pack II installation aborted access denied".

--
FrankB

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Patching desktops can be a pain, but you should try dealing with Novell 4.x servers.

Several guidelines..

Start from a cold boot, turn off any programs you do not need, firewalls, antivirus, mp3 playa, etc.

Make sure you have admin rights to the machine.

Make sure you have installed previous patches, some new patches are relying on the last patch already being there.

Some MS stufp doesn't work, maybe due to your driver/hardware setup, the MS Malicious program removal kit still won't install for me - probably because I won't turn off my AVP

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

why do you want to install SP2 anyway? my last update is SP1 and it works fine for me...I tried SP2 once and found it totally annoying...

zigo
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by zigo »

lol to be honest i dont know why exactly i want it it's just im testing my non legal copy lol found a way to bypass the activation thing and evertyhign worked fine i thinkt he prob is coming from the registrey i m the admin of the pc but it seems i dotn have all permissions im trying to find a way to fix this i dunno where to go i think i have a admin prob i need to chek my permissions .

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

zigo wrote: i think i have a admin prob i need to chek my permissions .
Yes, check your permissions first, then post the problem.

duh...

zigo
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by zigo »

well i did in my profiles in win xp users profile it says im administrator and im the only useron this pc im completley lost i dunno if it's from registry or that i have another prob in my pc cause u know when i boot in safe boot i cant i press F8 and choose boot safe mode with networking and now everything is fine ntil it stars loading all the sys files and it gets to the sptd.sys and it restarts my pc i dunno if it has smth to do with the pro im having with service pack 2 .

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

zigo wrote:well i did in my profiles in win xp users profile it says im administrator and im the only useron this pc im completley lost.
Send an email to http://exorcism.vatican.va?Subject:I_AM_FCKIN_LOST
or
http://voodoochicks.neworleans.cox.net? ... ENS_NEEDED

or..

microsoft.help.online.lost.cases.last.resort

or :
news://alt.2600

or just install a linux "distro".

--
fRankB

zigo
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by zigo »

thx guys i think im gona stick to service pack one like bad_brain said ehhe bro i think it's the best solution hehe . thx for ur help everyone .

LaBlueGirl
Suckopithicus chickasaurus

Post by LaBlueGirl »

zigo wrote:thx guys i think im gona stick to service pack one like bad_brain said ehhe bro i think it's the best solution hehe . thx for ur help everyone .
That is prolly a good thing, too.

I've been thinking about your dilemna...

The only logical explanation I formulated was since you are using an "illegal" copy of Win3.14159WhateverTheHellItIsNowadays, it won't let you update to the "newest" SP.
The older one, prolly b/c they weren't really conerned about "pirates", or weren't thorough enough back in the good ole dayz.

I think what you got running is incompatible with the SP. (Can't authenticate some kind of crazy Microsfty way).
"Hey, Crash!
Ever tried walking with no legs?

It's real slow!"
~Crunch, Crash Bandicoot TTR

isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by isapiens »

thats why u get a new pirated copy of windows with service pack 2 included. not that i would have done something horrible like that. It wont let u manually dowload the updates, but if you put it on "automatically download updates", it will get them just fine. not that i would do smth like that...

zigo
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by zigo »

well guys iw as able to download all the other software from mcft who need a legal copy of winxp and it was succefull and on my pther pc im planing to test it and see if it works if does work and sp2 is installed corretly that means that i have smth wrong in my pc here . i will let u know and if it work i will ask bad_brain if i can publish the way i got arround the activation of mcft . thx anywyas guys for all yor hel .

LaBlueGirl

Post by LaBlueGirl »

isapiens wrote:thats why u get a new pirated copy of windows with service pack 2 included. not that i would have done something horrible like that. It wont let u manually dowload the updates, but if you put it on "automatically download updates", it will get them just fine. not that i would do smth like that...
;)
I would.
"Hey, Crash!

It's real slow!"

LaBlueGirl

Post by LaBlueGirl »

http://winhlp.com/WxSP2.htm

"Recent press reports indicating Windows XP Service Pack 2 will install on pirated or illegal copies of Windows XP are not entirely true," said a Microsoft spokesperson. "Instead, prior to installing, SP2 will check the OS' product ID [PID] against a list of known pirated PIDs. If a PID is found to be invalid, SP2 will not install." This behavior is essentially similar to that of Windows XP SP1.

Less help, but still:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/software ... 25657.html

You can prolly post there, that you are having trouble logging in as admin or whatever.
"Hey, Crash!

It's real slow!"

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

a liitle bit off topic, but do u guys get that annoing windows authentication pop up or smth like that. I just blocked it with my zone alarm hehe. It basically pops up and says that u might have a pirated copy and that u should contact microsoft or the vender. So i called microsoft and they sent me a new legitamate copy. omg that last sentence was such a rediculos lie, i am sorry lol