-hiring hackers

No explicit questions like "how do I hack xxx.com" please!
n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

-hiring hackers

Post by n3rd »

just a question for a lazy asshole like me.

U always read about companies hiring hackers to test their site and programs etc.

where do they find them?.

cus I wont mind hiring a black hat to reach some havock on certain things ^^

ajunix
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Re: -

Post by ajunix »

at google.com

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

where to hire hackers

Post by DNR »

I have seen hacker cults and forums hired to test security products. But under controlled conditions - like their own computer labs. The people they hire can prove their education by certifications and degrees - to provide credibility. You have to be able to clearly explain how you cracked their system and why it worked. Notice the speakers at hacker cons usually have some certification or degrees, and then they have been around the scene for years.

BTW do not post a thread without a Subject heading, I fixed yours.

And if you are lazy, how do you intend to pay for this hacker?
DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

This used to be thier homepage but now I got a 404 eror. I am sure this is what you were looking for.

http://www.hirehackers.net/homepage.htm

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

yeah in some way thats it, but I dont need email retrieval ;)

and as for DNR, lazy doesnt mean that I dont know how to generate money ;)

FrankB
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics
Ph. D. in Sucko'logics

Post by FrankB »

For the young souls in here that prolly don't remember Kevin Mitnick.
Well that's exactly what he does.

[edit] He even has his entry in the hall of Wikipediafame :

Code: Select all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Mitnick
(the guy was a little bit surprised how the Interneth evolved while he was in prison saying :
"With nowadays technologies and the fact that i haven't been kept up to date, i would be the first target of a phishing probe, even with a guy with skills like me")

Mitnick could be said as the founder of social engeneering, phreaking and modern phishing/scamming.

Now, go all back in front of your screens, uggly goggle wearing nerds :)

--
FrankB

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

hacker personalities, famous people

Post by DNR »

Before I found out about Kevin Mitnick (who could forget the Free Kevin bumperstickers) I read about this guy in a book, I think both guys have a hacker personality, they both were also driven by the need to learn more, and enjoyed exploiting weaknesses in the system.

"
New Rochelle, the 1960s. High schooler Frank Abagnale Jr. idolizes his father, who's in trouble with the IRS. When his parents separate, Frank runs away to Manhattan with $25 in his checking account, vowing to regain dad's losses and get his parents back together. Just a few years later, the FBI tracks him down in France; he's extradited, tried, and jailed for passing more than $4,000,000 in bad checks. Along the way, he's posed as a Pan Am pilot, a pediatrician, and an attorney.

Catch Me if You Can - 2002 movie, and a book
www.imdb.com/title/tt0264464/plotsummary
"
Frank Abagnale jr would have been hacking the checks/bank systems with a computer if he grew up later. The near ending of the movie where Frank almost runs from the FBI again is a good example of how bad the hacker obsessive-compulsion behavior can be, the addiction to the thrill of a good hack.

DNR
"Who you callin' ugly mon?!" 8)
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Heh, even I know who kevin mitnick is, he hasn't died out yet!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

Yeah, I've read "The Art of Deception" by Kevin Mitnick..it was a pretty kool book.

He's mentioned in alot of the computer history and hacking books at my library, too.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, I already got some offers for "hacking jobs", and I explicitly warn all of you to make deals with persons you don´t really know or which are not "official" offers from companies. just look what happened to Moorer from our affiliates, the guy made 20.000 bucks by setting up a voIP-scam....you might think 20.000 is good money? well, the guy behind the deal made a million and Moorer is in jail now: http://freerobert.com/
don´t let them abuse you and your skills... :wink:

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

bad_brain wrote:well, I already got some offers for "hacking jobs", and I explicitly warn all of you to make deals with persons you don´t really know or which are not "official" offers from companies. just look what happened to Moorer from our affiliates, the guy made 20.000 bucks by setting up a voIP-scam....you might think 20.000 is good money? well, the guy behind the deal made a million and Moorer is in jail now: http://freerobert.com/
don´t let them abuse you and your skills... :wink:
lmao, just flaunt your skills and you can get rich in a matter of time, but remember the final destination would be jail ofcourse

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Wow, so that's why his site has been "under reconstruction" for a long time.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

Well I wouldnt hack to gain money. not yet ne ways.

Just to dangerous atm, and If I would do it I would do it with wireless pin machines for those have a delay before the transaction has been made ;).

I actually found this out while playing golf :S :P