lazy person

Questions about programming languages and debugging
isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

lazy person

Post by isapiens »

Ok, this is gonna be a retarded post. Here it goes, i am trying to learn java... I read all the basic concepts, about how java works, objects, classes, messages and stuff like that. Now what would be the next step? I realize all the information is on internet... all the classes and their methods are described in detail, etc. But i am lazy :/ Basically what i am asking is.. how could i make this process a little bit less boring for myself. Reading about a certain class and method isnt really that much fun, plus i dont memorize everthing that i read.
ok i need some supportive words and stuff, give me doctor Phill session lol

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Start small. I wasn't automatically a php master, i took small steps. I started with a small validation form, and went from there.

With java, learn a few functions, make a couple things with it and move on, don't try and remember too much.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

zigo
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by zigo »

well brother there is no magical solution for you'r laziness but there is smth fun u can do to make it more fun learnign java .. in uni when they teach java my cuz took the course last sessiont hey first started but trying to find errors in a java code with net bean smth liek that correct if im wrong ... he started searching for errors as h/w after they got to a new stage making smal java apllets learning every function by applying it to a java apllet in the end of the first stage of course they made an apllet that most of all functions they learned goes in and , nwo they are learnign client a server side .. just make things more fun when u learn it lol .

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

You get bored with it quickly?
Okay, then..read about it until you're bored...then do something else and go back to it later that day, or the next day.

That way is working pretty well for me, so far.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Nerdz
The Architect
The Architect
Location: #db_error in: select usr.location from sucko_member where usr.id=63;

Post by Nerdz »

Simply make application...

Some ideas for project(I suggest them bcz I did them in class and it was fun):

In order of ease:

#1- Try to make a program that will roll x dice of y face z times. Show the result in a console.

#2- Try to make some class and use their constructor. Experiment with heritage and the super("") constructor.( in class we were doing something about bandit and monster...)

#3- Remember what you did in #1? use this to make an applet that will show the result in a graph( of any type you want)

#4- Make a web server (it's not that hard, try it :wink:)

#5 Make an simple application that will show a " . " each second and when you press q, it quit. You need to be able to speed up the speed it show the . by pressing + and - ( Google Thread if you don't know how to do.)

If you need more ideas, just ask

:wink:
Give a man a fish, you feed him for one day.
Learn a man to fish, you feed him for life.

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

tx for usefull responses guys. ill just deal with it and continue learning.
Okay, then..read about it until you're bored...then do something else and go back to it later that day, or the next day.
I do like that suggestion though, Necrix!

Definetely will follow your advice nerdzoncrack.
You cant learn without actually coding the examples: practice, practicec and practice

pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Post by pseudo_opcode »

Well personally, i dont know java but generally talking about any programming language, all you need to do is just explore the power of the language, i mean just realize how powerful the language is and what all magic can be done even with the basics, that will keep you glued to your seat..
Like i dont know whether its correct but a friend of mine was telling me that nowadays they use java in microwaves!! Isnt that cool??

And last but not the least, as you already said practice practice and practice, you will reach a stage when you will be able to do almost any thing with it which you never thought